Little ask for amps?

Is this amp OK?
Jony_850

Little ask for amps?

#1 Post by Jony_850 »

I have a little ask for amps?

I don't know if it is normal in all amps of only in my amp... but!!

Few days ago I've been tested my amp out voltage with sine wave, this amp I'll use for subs speakers, them I made the test with diferents sine waves 40hz to 90hz, obtain around 47v with 1v inner sensibility and around 68V with 0,7v. The amp don't clipped, the limit light never turn on, I had full volume and no clip.

Next I made the same test with bassline samples, around 60% of volume in 0,7v sensibility start clipping (limit light on) around 43v I had on the tester. In 1Volt sensibility around 75% of volume and in the out about 37v, start limit light turning on. I made the same test with music and more or less the same.

Why with sine waves the amp didn't clip and with music samples turned the red light on? If it is normal Why we choose sine wave for test to know volts out and choose the correct config to move drivers when with music we had less volts or amps start clipping before?

CoronaOperator

Re: Little ask for amps?

#2 Post by CoronaOperator »

A sine wave is a steady signal that can be measured.

Music jumps around all over the place.

Your voltmeter can't react fast enough on music to give you an accurate level, it just displays a running average.
Built:
17" width 10" driver Autotuba
2 x 29" width dual Lab12 Tuba60
6 x DR250 2510/asd1001
In progress:
2 x DR250 2510/asd1001
For best results, point the loud end of the array towards the audience

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

#3 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

CoronaOperator wrote:A sine wave is a steady signal that can be measured.
Music jumps around all over the place.
Your voltmeter can't react fast enough on music to give you an accurate level, it just displays a running average.
+1. To see how high it actually goes you'd need a meter with a peak hold function.

Jony_850

#4 Post by Jony_850 »

Okey perfect explain thank you