is this amps okay for OT/DR and Titan?

Is this amp OK?
Poy Azarcon

is this amps okay for OT/DR and Titan?

#1 Post by Poy Azarcon »

DJPhatman

Re: is this amps okay for OT/DR and Titan?

#2 Post by DJPhatman »

As long as you are aware that they are not of high build quality, they will work. For how long, is anybody's guess. The company, Seismic Audio, does not have a high quality reputation. Those amps are Chinese made knockoffs.
I know money often seals the deal, but seriously, quality is an investment, not an expense... Grant Bunter
Accept the fact that airtight and well-braced are more important than pretty on the inside. Bill Fitzmaurice

Chris_Allen

#3 Post by Chris_Allen »

I would rather buy iNuke DSPs for that price.
Built:
6xDR200, 2xT39, 2xT48, 2xJack110, 1xOmni10.5, 1xAutotuba, 1xT18, 1xSLA Pro, 1xW8, 1xW10

Guitbusy

#4 Post by Guitbusy »

I would second the Behringer iNukes...
1 x Tuba 24 (24"x24"x24")
2 x Wedgehorn 6
2 x SLA Pro Shorty (2x6)

Poy Azarcon

#5 Post by Poy Azarcon »

I though they are from Memphis, TN... Glad to know that DjPhatman thanks!!!

Many thanks guys....

kkip

#6 Post by kkip »

Not sure which Titans you have, but I run four T39s on one Crown XLS 2500. I have found that this amp has adequate power and is a good match for the T39s. But If you want more headroom, you can use two bridged XLS 1500s. There is still new inventory available for these discontinued models. The XLS 2500 is $350 or less and the 1500 is $199 or less. The XLS amps are nice light weight, high quality amps and come with a 3 year warranty. The newer model that replaces these has more features but at a significantly higher price.

For OT-12s, I set the limiter to 35V. This means that XLS 1000 or XLS 1500 are both suitable amps. But for the $20 price difference, I would probably go for the 1500.

As others have mentioned, the Behringer iNuke DSP amp has the most bang for the buck. No other amp has the built-in DSP features of the iNuke. Just keep in mind, in typical Behringer fashion, the power specs are exaggerated by about 30%. You would probably need the iNuke 6000 of Titans and the iNuke 3000 for OTs.
4 x T39 - 20" - 3012LF (Built 2)
4 x OT12 - 2512 - Melded/D220Ti
1 x TAT - GTO804

Bruce Weldy

#7 Post by Bruce Weldy »

kkip wrote: But If you want more headroom, you can use two bridged XLS 1500s. s.

+1 That's exactly what I do.

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."

ctmullins

#8 Post by ctmullins »

kkip wrote: As others have mentioned, the Behringer iNuke DSP amp has the most bang for the buck. No other amp has the built-in DSP features of the iNuke.
Do you really mean that as stated? Or did you mean to include "at that price point"? Because I've pretty much settled on the QSC PLD for my system, and its DSP has everything I could possibly need. I haven't scoured the iNuke DSP specs, because I'm not interested in Behringer, but I'm willing to bet it doesn't have any features missing from the PLD....
-todd

5 and 8 string bass | SansAmp | Crown | 2 x J110
2 x W8 panel-mount
2 x T39 24" 3012LF
4 x OT12 2512 melded (finally done!)

BrentEvans

#9 Post by BrentEvans »

ctmullins wrote:
kkip wrote: As others have mentioned, the Behringer iNuke DSP amp has the most bang for the buck. No other amp has the built-in DSP features of the iNuke.
Do you really mean that as stated? Or did you mean to include "at that price point"? Because I've pretty much settled on the QSC PLD for my system, and its DSP has everything I could possibly need. I haven't scoured the iNuke DSP specs, because I'm not interested in Behringer, but I'm willing to bet it doesn't have any features missing from the PLD....
QSC PLD limiters sound nasty and the DSP is limited in general (not enough for BF subs). If you ever touch them you'll know. Peavey IPR with external DSP is WAY better.

Just in general, any amp with external DSP is better and cheaper. The only time it makes sense to have onboard DSP is if you have exactly one amp and only will ever have exactly one amp.
99% of the time, things that aren't already being done aren't being done because they don't work. The other 1% is split evenly between fools and geniuses.

kkip

#10 Post by kkip »

ctmullins wrote:
Yes, "at that price point" is more correct. That is what I meant by bang for the buck. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't suggesting the quality or reliability of the Behringer is on par with other amps. Just that it has a full featured DSP and a nice friendly external user interface. I am not familiar with the QSC PLD, it appears to have full featured DSP capability. But really in a different class than the other amps mentioned.
4 x T39 - 20" - 3012LF (Built 2)
4 x OT12 - 2512 - Melded/D220Ti
1 x TAT - GTO804