THT

Is this amp OK?
whatever

THT

#1 Post by whatever »

I have a THT 3'x3'x2' would a Dayton 500w amp work. I have a 2ch system with only extra l R outputs and no way to adjust EQ,,, so I thought this amp would work. It has a few EQ adjustments. I know 500w is way overkill but I need the adjustments and l r inputs.

Any other ideas ?

BrentEvans

Re: THT

#2 Post by BrentEvans »

It will work fine. Build a box and put it near the receiver, not at the subwoofer location.
99% of the time, things that aren't already being done aren't being done because they don't work. The other 1% is split evenly between fools and geniuses.

DJPhatman

#3 Post by DJPhatman »

BrentEvans wrote:It will work fine. Build a box and put it near the receiver, not at the subwoofer location.
Except for the fact that the OP is not using any sort of crossover. :conf:
I know money often seals the deal, but seriously, quality is an investment, not an expense... Grant Bunter
Accept the fact that airtight and well-braced are more important than pretty on the inside. Bill Fitzmaurice

BrentEvans

#4 Post by BrentEvans »

DJPhatman wrote:
BrentEvans wrote:It will work fine. Build a box and put it near the receiver, not at the subwoofer location.
Except for the fact that the OP is not using any sort of crossover. :conf:
The LP filter for the sub is built into the sub amp. There won't be enough LF from the tops to matter much unless you push them hard enough for them to distort.
99% of the time, things that aren't already being done aren't being done because they don't work. The other 1% is split evenly between fools and geniuses.