Single amp for tuba 30 and Otops

Is this amp OK?
kekani

Re: Single amp for tuba 30 and Otops

#16 Post by kekani »

Sorry Oscar, Bruce and I are having our own hijacked discussion. I hope in some way it relates to what your BinL has to purchase though.
Bruce Weldy wrote:http://adn.harmanpro.com/product_docume ... iginal.pdf

Page 6

GEQ is L and R. You are correct that there is PEQ on the hi, mid, and low outputs. Only 2 band on the mids and lows, though.
Thanks for the clarification. Actually, I'm confusing myself. Because I run a mono monitor mix off the left side, I can eq that separately from the top (and sub if need be) that I run mono on the right channel. I failed to interpret that as a L and R GEQ, although its right there in my face in the setup.

OTOH, if a 3 band PEQ was needed to tweak a monitor mix, one could run that on the H out, and use GEQ (and 2 band PEQ) on the M and L for the tops and subs. Of course, no low pass on the crossover for the H out, but that shouldn't matter, I think.

Either way, I still appreciate my Driverack.
Wedgehorn 6 (x2)
Jack 110 Lites (x2)
XF212 (Egnater style)
DR200 ASD (Yes! Finally!)

y2kindyz

Re: Single amp for tuba 30 and Otops

#17 Post by y2kindyz »

Hey Kekani, no prob on hijack I learned a few things from your alls discussion. I actually meant to say the pa not PX. I don't think he needs a 3-way setup.

From what I have read over the years of following the forum I have an idea of how things are supposed to work according to theory, but since I have never played with a setup like this I have no idea what I am doing.

Thank you Bruce and Kekani for you advice,

Oscar