plate amp & 2 THT's?

Is this amp OK?
SRTnewb

plate amp & 2 THT's?

#1 Post by SRTnewb »

Is is possible to wire two THT's to a BASH 300?

DJPhatman

Re: plate amp & 2 THT's?

#2 Post by DJPhatman »

SRTnewb wrote:Is is possible to wire two THT's to a BASH 300?
Yes, if you are using the recommended driver. Just test them to assure they are in phase. Wire them in parallel.
I know money often seals the deal, but seriously, quality is an investment, not an expense... Grant Bunter
Accept the fact that airtight and well-braced are more important than pretty on the inside. Bill Fitzmaurice

SRTnewb

#3 Post by SRTnewb »

Perhaps I'll just run two amps. Seems better for my orientation and easier to run wires. Also...more power, more destruction!

DJPhatman

#4 Post by DJPhatman »

SRTnewb wrote:Perhaps I'll just run two amps. Seems better for my orientation and easier to run wires. Also...more power, more destruction!
Just be sure both amps are near the LFE source, like the receiver, and they are plugged into the same outlet, to prevent ground loops and hum. I would just run 2 pair of speaker wire to the cabinets, as they are probably going to be on opposite sides of the room.
I know money often seals the deal, but seriously, quality is an investment, not an expense... Grant Bunter
Accept the fact that airtight and well-braced are more important than pretty on the inside. Bill Fitzmaurice

SRTnewb

#5 Post by SRTnewb »

Yeah, they will be on opposite sides of the room. Each cab will have a plate amp of its own with its own set of cables.

Another question...the reason I'm adding a second THT is to help even response across the listening positions. The first THT is placed as recommended 18" from a corner, up against the other wall. The second THT will be a low profile build and utilized as a bench. I'm curious if the mouth of the second horn being almost 10' from a solid boundary will cause any problems. It would be firing the opposite direction if that matters.