Crown XTI able to reduce amount of needed equipment?

Is this amp OK?
Whiterob

Crown XTI able to reduce amount of needed equipment?

#1 Post by Whiterob »

So anyways.. I had a Driverack PA and an IPR3000 getting ready for my BFM rig. Then winter came, so decided to sell off that stuff and go with the QSC K-series. Now that summer is approaching I am getting the itch again. My question is.. If I get a Crown XTI, since it has built in limiters and whatnot (really haven't spent too much time investigating it) will that eliminate the need for a DBX?

Are there other options for not having a DBX? Trying to keep it as simple as possible.

OR... Will I regret not running a DBX, as Then I lose the RTA mic capabilities..

I am really stumped on what to get/do. Want to keep my setup time low, weight fairly low, but sound quality up.

Thanks for any advice, and I will be searching for my answer as well.

Thanks
Why can I never make up my mind?

sine143

Re: Crown XTI able to reduce amount of needed equipment?

#2 Post by sine143 »

go with the xti 2 series if you do choose this route. voltage specific limiters.

honestly though, if you are willing to buy before the 30th of june, DBX is offering a 100 dollar rebate on the PA plus and the PX (you can get either if you're going 2 way). combine this with the low pricing at northern sound and you can get a hell of a deal.
Built:
2x Tuba 30s delta12lf loaded (gone)
4x Otop12 d2512 loaded
8x t48s (18, 18, 24, 24, 30, 30) 3015lf loaded
2x AT (1 mcm, 1 gto 804)
2x SLA Pro (dayton pa6, 6 goldwood piezo loaded)
1x bastard XF208

2x OT212 (delta pro 450a loaded, eminence psd)

Whiterob

Re: Crown XTI able to reduce amount of needed equipment?

#3 Post by Whiterob »

Thanks sine.. I will look into it.. After posting that, I was just doing a little thinking, and it really does make sense to have a DBX as you have all of the sound settings in one place, and if I am going to be bringing an amp with, what does an extra 2u hurt
Why can I never make up my mind?