QSC PLX built in crossovers

Is this amp OK?
5meohd

Re: QSC PLX built in crossovers

#16 Post by 5meohd »

Bruce Weldy wrote:
5meohd wrote: I desire a FULLY analog system.
Maybe that should have been stated at the beginning. We don't typically get folks on the forum who are willing to spend thousands on their limiters and crossovers, but want to save bucks on their speakers by building them themselves.

What speakers are you planning to build?

4 x t60's and 6 x dr250's (2 for the booth)

then I'll add more later!
4 T60's
2 Danley Sound Labs SH69

Ashley Protea
QSC PLX2
Crown CDi

Bruce Weldy

#17 Post by Bruce Weldy »

5meohd wrote:
Bruce Weldy wrote:
5meohd wrote: I desire a FULLY analog system.
Maybe that should have been stated at the beginning. We don't typically get folks on the forum who are willing to spend thousands on their limiters and crossovers, but want to save bucks on their speakers by building them themselves.

What speakers are you planning to build?

4 x t60's and 6 x dr250's (2 for the booth)

then I'll add more later!
Sounds like a big rig. I did analog for 40 years.....I'll take the digital any day. 10 years ago - no, but now? I'd defy anyone to hear the difference in a blind test.....especially in a live sound situation at war volume.

But hey, if you wanna' go old-school - looks like you are heading the right direction. Document your build with some pics and post 'em. Look forward to seeing 'em.

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."

5meohd

#18 Post by 5meohd »

I think when/if I get into adding wedges and a bunch of shit for bigger rigs for live bands then i will add dsp units... but this is a VERY simple stereo DJ rig.. so its really only 2-4 extra rack spaces of analog gear.. not too heavy for me!
4 T60's
2 Danley Sound Labs SH69

Ashley Protea
QSC PLX2
Crown CDi