good bang for your buck

Is this amp OK?
john

good bang for your buck

#1 Post by john »

hi all i have been looking at the behringer epx and the epq amps has any one try thim out yet and if so how did thay do .im also looking at some carvin dcm amps i have used thair old dcm amps but not the new light ones .and what is a good bang for your buck today thanks john

kekani

Re: good bang for your buck

#2 Post by kekani »

john wrote:hi all i have been looking at the behringer epx and the epq amps has any one try thim out yet and if so how did thay do .im also looking at some carvin dcm amps i have used thair old dcm amps but not the new light ones .and what is a good bang for your buck today thanks john
Welcome John.

Have you tried the SEARCH feature? Topics such as this have been discussed so there's a great place to start if you're looking for "reviews" so to speak.

Bang for buck? I think its hard to beat QSC GX series if you just need power without the ability to run a 2ohm load. Got rid of mine for Crown Drivecore XLS.
Wedgehorn 6 (x2)
Jack 110 Lites (x2)
XF212 (Egnater style)
DR200 ASD (Yes! Finally!)

john

#3 Post by john »

how do you like the crowns. i would go that way but i have two bbe drive racks that are new i might give the qsc spin thanks for the help

doncolga

#4 Post by doncolga »

I have two EPQ 1200's for almost two years doing fine.
Donny Collins
Built:
Two 18" Tuba 30's 3012 LF
Two 26" Tuba 30's Lab 12
Two OmniTop 12's DL 2512 (Melded Array)
Presonus Studio One DAW
Harrison Consoles MixBus 32C DAW

john

#5 Post by john »

doncolga i was looking at the epq for monitor work and the epx amps for the mains what are you youing your epq on main or monitors thanks john