Bash Amp

Is this amp OK?
bjpell

Bash Amp

#1 Post by bjpell »

I'm on a college student living in temp housing for the next 3 years for my fellowship, so I did not bring my component system with me. What I do have is a 5.1 home theater in a box from undergrad.

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/conte ... -bk[1].pdf

It does not have any outputs for sub or rca. The sub is ran straight off the back of the unit from the speaker wire terminals to the sub itself. The sub is not a powered sub you plug in the wall. Is it possible to hook-up a bash amp to this stereo? I don't have to use the 300 bash amp I see many here using, I could use a different one, but I do not know if it is even feasible for me to do this. I would like to replace the sub that it came with, and make either tuba 18, or a tht that I would use as a TV stand and put my 60" tv on and the wife therefore might not hate it. I do not know from looking at the bash amps if you can run that kind of a signal to them. I would like to use the 15 inch speaker and appropriate matching amp so after I graduate and get a job, I can re-use it on a 30" tht in my home theater room (assuming I dont make one now) my wife and I want.

I see the DVC is on sale right now! WOW.

Thank you for your help,

-=ben

DJPhatman

Re: Bash Amp

#2 Post by DJPhatman »

Your link does not work.

Page not found! (errorCode:404)
I know money often seals the deal, but seriously, quality is an investment, not an expense... Grant Bunter
Accept the fact that airtight and well-braced are more important than pretty on the inside. Bill Fitzmaurice

bjpell

#3 Post by bjpell »

Melissa Goudeseune

#4 Post by Melissa Goudeseune »

A few thoughts:

1. Long URLs can be made short with tinyurl. Here's a link to your PDF: http://tinyurl.com/c9a6gfp

2. The BASH amps do have high-level (speaker-level) inputs, so you could hook it up that way.

3. You may have good results by hooking up a BFM subwoofer directly to your amp. I'd be most concerned about the crossover frequency. The spec gives the crossover at about 150 Hz, which is higher than recommended for Bill's designs.

4. For a typical home theatre, a Table Tuba is more than adequate. Have a look at the Table Tuba Long Style (TTLS), which could double as a TV stand.
Built: THTLP 36"
Authorized BFM Builder

bjpell

#5 Post by bjpell »

What are the dimensions of the TTLS. 60Lx15Wx15H? I would like something closer to 24-30 inches high, but I don't want it 36 inches deep like the THT as it will stick out too far from my wall into the small living room I have. Can the THT be placed in any configuration...meaning on its side? say 36Lx36Wx30H and then put my tv on top of it and the stereo just behind the tv resting on it too? It still will stick out a ton into the room, and I bet the wife will not like that lol.

bassmonster

#6 Post by bassmonster »

Yep, it can be placed on its side. The regular TT is 30" tall and 30" long, but the TTLS is 15" high and 60" long and the width is variable of course.