To bridge or not to bridge?

Is this amp OK?
DJ Terrabass

Re: To bridge or not to bridge?

#31 Post by DJ Terrabass »

Gregory East wrote:Thanks for doing all this. It fills in gaps in the knowledge.

Can I trouble you to measure the output volts from your sources as well please?

Reason I ask is various DJ mixers clip and redline higher than 1.4v zero dB. I trust you are using sine wave signal?

Hi again, the laptop I was using can output 1.55v peaks when using the EQ from foobar2000, which may have potentially added another few volts to the signal.
I also was able to conduct the testing with a professional multimeter (M2006) and it gave much the same readings for peak voltages as the entry-level one, but while testing with a range of songs found that +15dB EQ in the amp's on-board band-pass DSP allowed for the ~63V with the -3dB limiter.
DJ Phatman: I also think that the subsynth generator sounds terrible with my T48, apparently the xxx2 series has a better sounding one but I haven't been able to use one of them yet to see.
Also worth mentioning is the input EQ does not affect the noise-floor of the amplifier but the outboard one does, makes it best to cut using the outboard EQ and boost on the input one.
(Edited to remove prior rambling :) )