New Behringer EPQ304 for TLAH/SLA's

Is this amp OK?
gilscales

New Behringer EPQ304 for TLAH/SLA's

#1 Post by gilscales »

I am gathering parts/info for an HT build and just seen these new amps at NAMM, I am thinking that 2 of these 4 channel units putting out 75w into 4 ohms per channel, 2 ea for bi-amping the front and 2 remaining for the rear surrounds

Question; if I bi-amp the front 3 channels (TLAH/SLA) do I still need the same x-overs or do I use something else like a high pass and low pass filter? what is best?
Built; T18, 2 x J110 2510II MA

Radian

Re: New Behringer EPQ304 for TLAH/SLA's

#2 Post by Radian »

No. The same crossovers wouldn't be used. Bi-amping requires the signal to be crossed over actively ahead of the amps. There are a lot of options regarding equipment that will do this either in the analog or digital domain.
Good food, good people, good times.

4 - AT
1 - TT
1 - THT Slim
2 - SLA Pro 4x6 Alphalite

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

Re: New Behringer EPQ304 for TLAH/SLA's

#3 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

gilscales wrote:I am gathering parts/info for an HT build and just seen these new amps at NAMM, I am thinking that 2 of these 4 channel units putting out 75w into 4 ohms per channel, 2 ea for bi-amping the front and 2 remaining for the rear surrounds

Question; if I bi-amp the front 3 channels (TLAH/SLA) do I still need the same x-overs or do I use something else like a high pass and low pass filter? what is best?
Considering the low prices on full featured 5.1 and 7.1 receivers that eliminate the need for anything other than a plate amp for the subs I don't see this as useful. Bi-amping TLAH/SLA has no benefit IMO.