THT/THTLP/TT

For livingroom sound better than in a theatre.
Jake Jarmon

THT/THTLP/TT

#1 Post by Jake Jarmon » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:34 am

What is the absolute highest output driver for the THT/THTLP; TT?
2 - T24 24" BP102 "Twinning"
2 - OT112 Delta Pro 12 Melded Array **In Progress**

Keryn O'Shea

Re: THT/THTLP/TT

#2 Post by Keryn O'Shea » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:47 am

So after 3227 people looked at this, no-one suggests anything?! Pretty sure the LAB15 handles the most voltage for the THTLP and THT but you can only go so wide with that driver, cant say for the TT.
I'll fit this next panel, then off to bed...

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

#3 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:05 am

BrentEvans

#4 Post by BrentEvans » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:23 am

Aww Bill... that one wasn't even a year old. Could have been an honest mistake. More deserving of one of these:

There was no need for needless feline executions.
99% of the time, things that aren't already being done aren't being done because they don't work. The other 1% is split evenly between fools and geniuses.

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

#5 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:29 am

If you're responding to posts from even 2 months back my advice to you is to get a life. :roll:

BrentEvans

#6 Post by BrentEvans » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:56 am

Bill Fitzmaurice wrote:If you're responding to posts from even 2 months back my advice to you is to get a life. :roll:
:loler:

Like any of us have one of those!
:lol:
99% of the time, things that aren't already being done aren't being done because they don't work. The other 1% is split evenly between fools and geniuses.

Keryn O'Shea

#7 Post by Keryn O'Shea » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:10 pm

Just trying to maybe help the guy. l thought that was the purpose if a forum, and also to look back over time to find information before we ask something which has already been said. Not all of us are gurus, l've asked some silly questions here and have been put straight, also made some mistakes building cabs, so that means l'm no Jedi, just plain human.
I assure you l live a fantastic life, a thriving buisness, hot loving wife, 2 fantastic sons, great friends and a bright future.
I'm still waiting for a response in the "David HF surround" thread about a confusing crossover diagram, so can you spend some time setting me straight on that please Bill, l can't use the force.

DJPhatman

#8 Post by DJPhatman » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:41 pm

Keryn, we jest in good-hearted fun, like sarcastic family. :cowboy: Please don't take any of the posts on this, or any other forum, personally.

To answer the question(s) at hand, it is all answered in the plans. For the driver in a THT or TT, the best performing drivers are specifically listed in the plans. No matter which driver you choose (because it is all about the design, not the driver!) you will likely cause physical damage to the typical home structure well before you reach the maximum output, especially with a THT. As for the crossover question, the answer is: it all depends on the woofers and tweeters used. The David uses 2 passive crossovers, 1 for the sub section to the mids, and 1 for the mids to the tweeters. My plans are very very old, over 10 years old! :shock: So, they don't list any crossover frequencies, only component values. I could extrapolate, but since this is Bill's IP, I'll let him decide how much he wants to divulge.
I know money often seals the deal, but seriously, quality is an investment, not an expense... Grant Bunter
Accept the fact that airtight and well-braced are more important than pretty on the inside. Bill Fitzmaurice

Keryn O'Shea

#9 Post by Keryn O'Shea » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:48 pm

Thanks phatman, l'm as sarcastic as they come, and text can be misleading so l guess a rolling of the eye's emogi got the better of me.
The newer plans show the tweeter filters for the 4x4inch Sla, but it's confusing how the labelling text is shown underneath horizontally, whereas the diagrams are vertically arranged. I'm using drivers within the listed parameters.
Agreed on the THT, it is an absolute beast.
Probably should have just said to the OP, buy the plans, and then troll the forum for answers.

BrentEvans

#10 Post by BrentEvans » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:16 am

keryn,

If you think it's bad now around here, you missed the golden age of forum sarcasm a few years ago. We used to have a custom amimated "IITP" emoticon that was the red head bang guy with "IITP" flashing up one letter at a time. It was decided that was a little harsh for the newbs and Bill an early Chris did away with it.. but back then you would be accused, tried, and executed without mercy for asking a question. Now we just tar and feather. :noob:

Going back to the original offshoot to the topic,

The reason we don't resurrect threads like that I said that the original poster is probably long gone. I think the rule is something along the lines of "if you have new information to add that is relevant to the conversation, go ahead. Bumping to point out an unanswered question is really not that, so thus the ridicule. The comedy value was worth it, though, so it's all good.

Keryn O'Shea

#11 Post by Keryn O'Shea » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:31 pm

Nah, that wasn't bad, I must've had my vagina in a twist that day, just need to harden up is all. forgot that as soon as you post it brings the topic to the top of the board. Understood about the OP is probably long gone, and it hasn't been answered for zombie reasons. As long as someone had a laugh.

So as if it wasn't hard enough for us in Aus to source the correct electrics, now Jaycar has decided to discontinue their crossover components nationwide, and the other mob who does is double the price, fanf@#kingtastic.

Mkulu

#12 Post by Mkulu » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:31 pm

Bill Fitzmaurice wrote:Image

Bill you have a wicked sense of humor! :lol: :lol:

DJPhatman

#13 Post by DJPhatman » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:43 am

Keryn O'Shea wrote:...I must've had my vagina in a twist that day...
No worries, mate! There are a couple of us "side-ways tampon removers" trolling around here, like sharks to blood in the water! Once one starts stabbing ya, well shit, we all gotta jump on! LOL! :cowboy: :chainsaw: :bash: :loler: :noob: :lol: :roll:
I know money often seals the deal, but seriously, quality is an investment, not an expense... Grant Bunter
Accept the fact that airtight and well-braced are more important than pretty on the inside. Bill Fitzmaurice