Sub management and limiter

The hows and whys of running sound.
Davidroidx

Sub management and limiter

#1 Post by Davidroidx »

Looking for assistance in what to purchase for my home theater. I am in need of a dsp that does eq, room correction and limiting. Mainly sub frequencies are the big issues. I am running 4 subs off 2 pro amps, each one its own channel. and 11 speaker Atmos with the mains through 2 Yamaha mxa-5000 11 channel amps, 6 channels on one amp, 5 on the other. The device needs to have balanced in and out as my preamp is a Yamaha Cxa-5100 and my sub amps are pro amps. therefore RCA in and outs are no good. I like the mini dsp stuff as I use REW to do my corrections manually, but they look to all be RCA in and outs. It took me a week of moving subs, testing eq settings and pulling my hair out to get a nice room response that i can live with. I am planning to build a few more THT's and when that time comes I would like it to go smoother then this experience.. limiting is my current issue, but again would like the flexibility of one unit to do everything. I currently have no furniture in the room and I am afraid after I add furniture (only tv and a couch) I will need to tweek the system again.
YamCXA5100,RXA2050,PioEliteSC91,SC95,Den4806,3200.Mar5010.AMPS_Yama2MX5000,p2500,VegaCV5000,900,Para275._SPEAK_11Infin,9Bost,13DefinTech,2LaScalas,9Klipsch,9Polk,2Para.SUBS_1-THTLP, 2-THT,3-15",2-12",2-10",5-8"w/10-8"rad

BrentEvans

Re: Sub management and limiter

#2 Post by BrentEvans »

Mini DSP does offer balanced I/o products.

https://www.minidsp.com/products/minids ... p-10x10-hd

The balanced connections are on Phoenix connectors, but they have xlr dongles as an option.
99% of the time, things that aren't already being done aren't being done because they don't work. The other 1% is split evenly between fools and geniuses.