DriveRack PA+ set up

The hows and whys of running sound.
J_Dunavin

DriveRack PA+ set up

#1 Post by J_Dunavin »

In an effort to set voltage at the amp, I ran a 50 hz tone through my mixer and into the driverack, with amp gains all the way down. I was going to set the output of the mixer, then drive rack and had my meter ready to go at the amp, but when I tried to increase the output of the drive rack, the vu meter would show an increase followed by a decrease in the sub out after a sec or two.
Currently the compressor and limiters are off and the test tone was well within my crossover passband..... why would the driverack limit my output?

EDIT:
After reading the manual, perhaps I need to redo the "setup" wizard. I was trying to adjust output through the crossover page, I mean there is a gain adjustment on the crossover page....
2 - OTop8
2 - T39
8 - DR200
2 - DR250
9 - T24
6 - T45
1 - Auto Tuba

Bruce Weldy

Re: DriveRack PA+ set up

#2 Post by Bruce Weldy »

J_Dunavin wrote:perhaps I need to redo the "setup" wizard.

Don't use that thing.....

Do a custom setup and turn the amps all the way up. Auto EQ is good, but the setup wizard will have you turning amps up and down.....

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."