Thoughts on the Bunker BPD-1 please

The hows and whys of running sound.
Arath

Re: Thoughts on the Bunker BPD-1 please

#16 Post by Arath »

Bunker Electronics has around 12 years established in Guadalajara,Jalisco, Mexico.
Regarding our BPD series, we have two models BPD1 and BPD0. For your reference we have
sold them in many countries: USA, Sweden, Austria, Chile, Peru, and Mexico.
We will be participating as exhibitor in 2013 Anaheim,CA, NAAM show. If you need any detailed technical
information we are happy to provide it. Cheers!
Arath Palomera
arath.palomera@bunkeraudio.com

Grant Bunter

#17 Post by Grant Bunter »

Hi Arath,
Welcome to the forum :)

Do you have anyone on board for Australian distributors?
Oh, it doesn't matter lol, they would charge the earth RRP anyway...

Do you have any reviews worth sharing about real world experience in using the product?
Last edited by Grant Bunter on Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Built:
DR 250: x 2 melded array, 2x CD horn, March 2012 plans.
T39's: 4 x 20" KL3010LF , 2 x 28" 3012LF.
WH8: x 6 with melded array wired series/parallel.
Bunter's Audio and Lighting "like"s would be most appreciated...

Fourthlaw

#18 Post by Fourthlaw »

Arath wrote:Regarding our BPD series, we have two models BPD1 and BPD0.
Arath
Wow, Arath, you found us.

I think this board is most interested in the BPD-1 in comparison to the DBX PA+ and the Beringher DCX. It might be most helpful, if you were willing, to consider an evaluation unit to a few volunteers who currently run competing products. I think we would all appreciate the opportunity and feedback (in the non- audio sense) :)

Joseph Baxter

djlivex

#19 Post by djlivex »

I asked on ebay about this unit being an old Xilica model that they have discontinued. I saw Xilica in 2003 in the Frankfurt Music Messe show and I am 99% sure this is the same model that they probably bought alot of before Xilica change it to the now new model. Victor denies it is a Xilica product even Community bought alot of these and put their name on it with a different faceplate and charged well you know how that goes ($????). When Xilica came out with the 2in 6 out it was around $250 each distributor cost and $400 for the 2 in 8 out DSP. But over the years he has improved the product performance wise. Void acoustics in U.K. I know sells this at again ($????). I saw Xilica again 2011 Info Comm Orlando nice products but prices have now doubled for dealership wise. :o
BaasssS, . . how low can you GO!

Rick Lee

#20 Post by Rick Lee »

To refresh this thread... I've been using a BPD-1 for a couple of months now and I really like it. Excellent sound quality, easy to set up (once you figure out that "way" means "band") and great customer support. When I say great customer support Victor at Sound4US kept in regular contact with me. At the time he had shipped over 1100 units and I happened to get one that was defective. He said it was the first one he's had that was defective and it did turn out after they did QC on it there was a faulty solder connection in one of the circuits.

Usually when you try something new and it's defective you lose faith in it immediately. I emailed Victor and he quickly responded, walked me thru the setup in case something was wrong there and then did a quick turnaround when I sent the unit in. He seemed willing to send a new unit immediately but since I wasn't in a hurry (I had a backup) he sent a new one out right when he received the old one. We've probably sent 20 or 30 emails back and forth- he answered questions promptly and wanted my feedback on it. I thus far have kept my faith in it.

The biggest advantage to the BPD-1 is that it has autoeq, RTA and stereo 31 band GEQ. The GEQ can be unlinked, for instance using 1 for a monitor send and 1 for the main speakers. However, the autoeq applies to both channels so you have to write down settings to go back to when you autoeq the other channel. Each "way" also has a 3 band parametric. If you're leaning toward the PA+ or you have an aversion to Behringer this is worth looking at. Slightly better specs than the Berry.
Authorized Builder
Nashville/Middle Tennessee

bwtaudio@gmail.com

Grant Bunter

#21 Post by Grant Bunter »

Rick, thanks, I'm sure this will help some folk.

At the time I made the original post for this thread they had just popped up on the bay, which is where I spotted them, and compared to the other offerings, were cheaper than the Berry alternative and, significantly for online overseas buyers, are multi voltage compatable, unlike some of the equipement which is only 110V for the US market and 220-240 etc for other markets.

I'm still tempted if my Berry ever gives me too much grief to go with the BPD, but, touch wood, that's been fine so far.
Built:
DR 250: x 2 melded array, 2x CD horn, March 2012 plans.
T39's: 4 x 20" KL3010LF , 2 x 28" 3012LF.
WH8: x 6 with melded array wired series/parallel.
Bunter's Audio and Lighting "like"s would be most appreciated...

djtecthreat

#22 Post by djtecthreat »

The BPD-0 looks like my new option for installations. Very simple unit, offers limiting, EQ, and a password lock. Cheaper than a Driverack (and unfamiliar so know-it-all's won't recognize it and think they know what to do), and I don't have to install a Behringer item in a customer's rack, which is always a plus.
DJ TecThreat
-Building-
8 More T48's

-Built-
11 T48 @ 24" 3015LF ( Using 8 )
8 OTop12 - Thread after they were built. & Review, using them w/o subs.
4 SLA Pro's
"Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." - R.R.

maxo

#23 Post by maxo »

here are specs of the bunker power amps

and the comparison of the bfd-o and bfd-1 vs other loudspeaker processors

http://sound4us.elementfx.com/images/comparison.pdf
Attachments
cd.jpg
MX.jpg
It is not the bananas but the monkey