Setting of the Behringer DCX2496

The hows and whys of running sound.
Disco Legends

Setting of the Behringer DCX2496

#1 Post by Disco Legends »

Good Day,

I am just looking for guidance/ corrections, on my current settings of the Behringer DCX2496.

Current setup:CDJ200's (pair)
DDM4000
DCX2496
iNuke 3000 driving a pair of Behringer B1520's
EP4000 (at 4 ohm load, single channel) driving a pair of Behringer B1800PRO's

I have a tiny bit of technical knowledge but havent a foggiest idea about threshold's & limiters. I am just a dumb jock...to make a long story short

I have copied the exact screen readings from the DCX.

Please can some advise if this is correct or can be changed to be better and what the correct threshold, release, limiter, etc values should be for my setup.

forgive me coz i only got the LL settings.

If guidance can be given for setting the iNuke & B1520's, it would be highly appreciated.

Settings as per each screen on the DCX for the EP4000
IN

INPUT SCREEN IN A Gain: 7.0db
DELAY: OFF
EQ: OFF
DYNAMIC EQ: OFF
THRESHOLD: 0.0db

OUT
• SCREEN 1 of 8
Out Gain: +9.0db
SCREEN 2 of 8 - X-over pointsType: L-R12 type: L-24
Freq: 80 freq: 158

• SCREEN 3 of 8 – Eq
EQ: ON type: LP
Freq: 80Hz Gain: 1.0db 6db

• SCREEN 4 of 8 – Dynamic eq
Dyn eq: ON type: LP
Freq: 80Hz Gain: -1.4db 6db

• SCREEN 5 of 8 – Dynamic eq (-> dynamics)
Thresh: -15.0db
Ratio: 2:5:1
Attack: 120ms
Release: 367ms
• SCREEN 6 of 8 – Limiter
Limiter: ON
Thresh: -12db
Rel: 407ms
• SCREEN 7 of 8 – Polarity
Normal

• SCREEN 8 of 8 – Delay
Dly: OFF

doncolga

Re: Setting of the Behringer DCX2496

#2 Post by doncolga »

First advice: Browse around here, read alot, especially the sticky's and seriously consider buying or buying plans and building BFM boxes. My little rig runs rings around my old speakers.

For the DEQ...I have one and LOVE IT. It took a good deal of playing with it to get my head wrapped around how it works. I don't have any gain adjustments on any of the inputs and outputs on mine. Be sure to set your amps so you can send a good strong signal from your mixer to your DCX, then to the amps and speakers. I don't use the dynamic EQ...never really investigated it however.

The crossovers should be set so the subs get about 40-100 Hz. You should use the steepest 48 dB/octave slope to cut below 40 Hz. Also, the limiter is mainly for the sub output. I don't know how many volts your speakers can take...but that's what the limiter is for. Search for some posts on that...lots out here. Also, read the sticky about sub placement. That's HUGE. The tops about 100 hz and up, but I do cut off my tops at 18 K with a 48 db/octave slope.

That's all I do with my DXC.
Donny Collins
Built:
Two 18" Tuba 30's 3012 LF
Two 26" Tuba 30's Lab 12
Two OmniTop 12's DL 2512 (Melded Array)
Presonus Studio One DAW
Harrison Consoles MixBus 32C DAW

Gregory East

Re: Setting of the Behringer DCX2496

#3 Post by Gregory East »

To do it right, you need to know what voltage and high pass your subs are happy with. You'll probably have to email Mr Behringer himself to get any information that's worth a damn.

Otherwise, assuming your subs aren't horns, you can run some sinewaves at progressively higher power until you hear nasty things and then stop doing that and see what the voltage is.

Once you've done that we can tell you how to set up the DCX, right after we tell you again and again to build titans/tubas etc etc, cause they rock so hard. With the same amount of power you can put into your behringers you can most likely do 400 people in a gym, really friggen loud.
BAT10, Bad Auto Tuba. Reverse folded TAT to fit JBL 1014D, 350W driver, voltage limit unknown.