The hows and whys of running sound.
dno1gtbai

Which one is better for Dj

#1 Post by dno1gtbai »

Bbe ds24 or the Dbx Driverack PA?

bzb

Re: Which one is better for Dj

#2 Post by bzb »

Neither is specifically geared towards DJ use. If I were to choose one, I'd probably go with the BBE DS24, because it's cheaper and there's plenty of reviews out there by DJs using it. IIRC, the DRPA has a few more options and a few more inputs/outputs... but nothing I'd use over the DS24, personally.
Bobby Shively
Purveyor of fine aged hip hop
Traktor S4 - Vestax VCI-100 - TTX - MOTU Ultralite - Yamaha 01V

Built:
T39 13" BP102, 24" 3012LF - AT - OT12 2512 - SLA Pro - T24 - Jack 10
Powered by XTi 1000 & 2000

rec

#3 Post by rec »

I am a DJ and use the DRPA+, wish I would have saved a little more and got the DR 260
Brick wall limiters. I don't have to push my system too hard due to Bill's designs and there is not anyone else
touching my equipment so at this point it has not been a problem.
My initials are in the view finder of every camcorder (REC)
2xOT12(Deltalite 2512 loaded, w/melded arrays)
2xOT12(Deltalite 2512 loaded, w/flat array) "In Process"
4xT30(24", 4012HO loaded)
1xAT

subharmonic

#4 Post by subharmonic »

I have both but just got the BBE recently so I haven't gigged it yet. Go for the Driverack if your mobile, as I am. You can calibrate your room in minutes, it isn't perfect but better than having to take time to do it manually. The driveracks do have a tendency to make the highs a little harsh from what I ready and experienced. Not sure if this is true with Bills tops.

Also unless your bi-amping the tops then the Driverack Px should cover you. I am hoping for a cheap, computer software to cover the auto eq in the future since my amps are all XTIs.
2x T39, 1x T60, 1x THTLP, 1x AT(not built by me) 6x DR250
I need more bass

But this gal's built like a burlap bag full of bobcats
CW Mcall

imnotded

#5 Post by imnotded »

subharmonic wrote: Also unless your bi-amping the tops then the Driverack Px should cover you. I am hoping for a cheap, computer software to cover the auto eq in the future since my amps are all XTIs.
You mean a DRPA? The PX can be used with passive speakers but is designed for powered speakers. You have to enter everything manually for your amps, its kind of a pain. Yes, it will work, but get a DRPA.
BFM cabs:

4 - OT12 (2512 loaded w/ melded arrays)
4 - T39 (3012LF loaded, 20" wide)

subharmonic

#6 Post by subharmonic »

imnotded wrote:
subharmonic wrote: Also unless your bi-amping the tops then the Driverack Px should cover you. I am hoping for a cheap, computer software to cover the auto eq in the future since my amps are all XTIs.
You mean a DRPA? The PX can be used with passive speakers but is designed for powered speakers. You have to enter everything manually for your amps, its kind of a pain. Yes, it will work, but get a DRPA.

Again unless he is bi-amping the tops I don't see a reason for the PA, the PX covers the tops and subs.
2x T39, 1x T60, 1x THTLP, 1x AT(not built by me) 6x DR250
I need more bass

But this gal's built like a burlap bag full of bobcats
CW Mcall

imnotded

#7 Post by imnotded »

subharmonic wrote:
imnotded wrote:

Again unless he is bi-amping the tops I don't see a reason for the PA, the PX covers the tops and subs.
Right, but its a pain, imo, to have to manually input the amp settings. I used to use a PX and thought it was super annoying.
BFM cabs:

4 - OT12 (2512 loaded w/ melded arrays)
4 - T39 (3012LF loaded, 20" wide)