Simplexx 10 or Simplexx 10 Wedge?

Our easiest to build speaker lineup.
Bruce Weldy

Simplexx 10 or Simplexx 10 Wedge?

#1 Post by Bruce Weldy »

Getting bored enough around here to consider building a cab.....

I've been intrigued by the coax design of the Simplexx. Thought about building a monitor just for grins, then moved toward the regular box to use over my T24 for solo and duo gigs.

However, after looking at the charts it looks like the only real difference in the two is that the regular box goes a little lower which is to be expected with a little more volume. So, I'm back to the wedge.

If I do this, my plan is to put a tophat in the T24 (I think there is room to do that) and stick the Simplexx on top of a pole. I want to put the tophat in the Simplexx on the end so that it's oriented as a taller-than-wide box. As the T24 is 16 inches wide, this orientation would look better and everyone knows that you listen with your eyes....

I don't want to use an L-Pad, but that shouldn't be a problem as this little setup will have a 31 band graphic or a driverack to EQ it.

Of course, I can't order any drivers at this point - so I'm kind'a speculating more than planning.....but, I did do a cutlist....

Anyone see any glaring issues with this plan?

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

Re: Simplexx 10 or Simplexx 10 Wedge?

#2 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

Speakerhardware.com is open for business, so check with them if they have the drivers you need in stock.