I want to build a simplexx with a free speaker I picked up from work.

Our easiest to build speaker lineup.
BonesawMcGraw13

I want to build a simplexx with a free speaker I picked up from work.

#1 Post by BonesawMcGraw13 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:20 am

As the title states I snagged a pretty nice 15" speaker for free. I work for a very large AV production company in KY. It was something we ordered on accident that we'll never use since all of our big pa stuff is d&b. It's an eminence kilomax 15A. I looked into it and it's a pretty nice speaker. I was just wondering if it would work well with the simplexx design for a bass cab. If not is there a better design I could use this speaker in?

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

Re: I want to build a simplexx with a free speaker I picked up from work.

#2 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:24 am

The specs are compatible with the Simplexx 15 and others.

BonesawMcGraw13

#3 Post by BonesawMcGraw13 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:37 am

Out of curiosity what others would it be compatible with to build a good bass cab. I know the simplexx is good but I know there's better designs out there. I had originally wanted to build a fEARful 15/6. I made a threat about it on talkbass and was informed that that particular cab required a 3015LF which would defeat the purpose of me using the free speaker i picked up. I was directed to this site and told it might work with a simplexx. I just wanted to make sure I'm going to get the best bang for my buck before ordering plans and starting the project.

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

#4 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:08 am

Compare the various project SPL charts to see response, then compare the box sizes to see what you can transport.
http://billfitzmaurice.info/forum/viewforum.php?f=12