1 year with the OT12's and T39's and My XF guitar cab

Post links to youtube videos of your cabs.
Forum rules
Only links to videos of our cabs are allowed. You tube only, no facebook.
Dan56

1 year with the OT12's and T39's and My XF guitar cab

#1 Post by Dan56 »

So, it's been a year now playing with the speakers. Puts a smile on my face every time. The clarity is just wonderful. Thought I would post some recent results. I used my Zoom H2 set on the 120 degree mic's into my Zoom Q3HD.

The system is the Behringer XR18 (can't say enough about this mixer) into a DBX Driverack PA+ to Peavey 3000 IPR's. One for the tops, one for the subs. The bass player is not into the system. The one thing I messed up was my mic placement for the snare/hat. Tried to get more hat and got to much. I only have 4 channels for drums. The guitars are in via Radial JDX's (great tool). The Leslie has 2 mics and the Yamaha board is direct in. 3 monitor wedges (2 for the front, one for the drummer) via Peavey 1600 IPR's.

The mix is vocal heavy, but I love the clarity. A bit of phasing do to the recorder placement I think. Or maybe should have used the 90 degree mics. It is the worse on the Chicago tune. Still no easy job mixing from the stage and playing, but having gates and compression on every channel with a final multiband comp on the mains sure helps.

Here are 3 tunes. Use Me (Bill Withers), Rock Me Right (Susan Tedecshi), 25 or 6 to 4 (Chicago).
https://youtu.be/LmtW6CRhWuo
https://youtu.be/iY1BmAOBtms
https://youtu.be/a74HdRRVtLM

kkip

Re: 1 year with the OT12's and T39's and My XF guitar cab

#2 Post by kkip »

Thanks for sharing the videos. The OT12 vocal clarity is awesome. I agree that the drums are hard to hear in the mix. But I find that acoustic drums can be hard to deal with. If the drummer plays loud and has quality cymbals, they can overpower a small PA. If they play softly they will need help from the PA. Almost impossible to tell from the stage what's needed when you are next to the drum kit.

The Behringer XR18 is truly a great mixer for the money. They only problem I have had is losing control due to wifi interference. That's when having those gates and compressors properly setup really pays off! But after switching to an external dual band router, I haven't had any more wifi problems. As a comparison, I have also setup and used the Presonus 16r. Another great rack mixer but lacks individual channel effects. On the other hand, the built-in profile library is awesome for getting up and running quickly. Something I wish Behringer would add to the XR18. The great thing about using any digital rack mount mixer is how much time it saves setting up. No need for a snake, mixer table, power cord etc. Just walk around with an iPad.
4 x T39 - 20" - 3012LF (Built 2)
4 x OT12 - 2512 - Melded/D220Ti
1 x TAT - GTO804

Bruce Weldy

Re: 1 year with the OT12's and T39's and My XF guitar cab

#3 Post by Bruce Weldy »

Very nice vocal clarity.....as would be expected from the OT12s.

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."