Now that I'm experienced with the system

Post links to youtube videos of your cabs.
Forum rules
Only links to videos of our cabs are allowed. You tube only, no facebook.
Dan56

Now that I'm experienced with the system

#1 Post by Dan56 »

Updated below.

I thought I would post these 2 links of my band with our system of 2 OT12's and 2 T39s. My first postings were with my second time out with the system and it was outside under a tent. Now that I've had a few more months I think I'm finally getting it.

This gig is in a club about 60 ft deep, 40 ft wide, 8 ft ceiling hung ceiling. These are not video's as I could not get the camera set. It is my Zoom H2 set in the middle of the room about 20 ft back with the sound linked to some photos of the night.

We were only using one sub up against the left side wall, side of the bass and second guitar. I'm on the other side with the keys. The only things not through the system are the bass guitar and drums, except for the kick (I like to add a touch). We have 2 monitors on the floor in front facing back. Yes, it's a real Leslie mic'd too. I'm mixing from the stage.

A bit too much on the effects and Joe's mic was not set with as much presence as Brenda's but I've corrected that since. Still learning. Hey, I even have separate EQ's for the monitors (4) and the mains now.

Anyway, I thought some would enjoy hearing a system working in a live setup inside vs a DJ sound. Still can't get over the clarity.

Rock Me Right: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDDhmdysKC8 I'm doing the licks here.

Use Me/Aeroplane: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYhf7ym5hMM Ron's doing the licks here.

Update: I forgot to mention that you are hearing the XF 4X10 cab with my guitar in this mix. It really like it. It's my Peavey Classic 50 head. The guitar for this song is not the one I'm pictured with.

jimbo7

Re: Now that I'm experienced with the system

#2 Post by jimbo7 »

Not bad. Little guitar heavy. Hard to hear everyone else.

BTW, Bill Withers is still alive
BFM builds:
XF212
T24 BP102 24"
2x SLA's 6-5" mids, 9- gt-302's
2x AT 14" MCM 55-2421
TrT 5" MCM 55-2421
AT 18" JBL GTO804
2x OT12 flat array
2x SLA Pro 2-Alpha 6's 2-Goldwoods
2x T39 24" 3012lf
Simplex 10 BP102

Dan56

Re: Now that I'm experienced with the system

#3 Post by Dan56 »

jimbo7 wrote:Not bad. Little guitar heavy. Hard to hear everyone else.

BTW, Bill Withers is still alive
Yeah, still working on volume levels of everyone. The second guitar is the hardest as he just keep turning down. Then at times the bass turn up. I did not realize I had Joe, our singer not quite as sharp as could have been. The key are under his control as he uses headphones and gets the feed from the monitor out of the board thus he is setting his volume based on the FOH sound. Sometimes he thinks he's too loud too.

Some of the mix though is that the recorder, was off a bit to my side of the stage.

But, always look to hear critique. It's how I get better. Thank you.