Heart Felt Request

Post links to youtube videos of your cabs.
Forum rules
Only links to videos of our cabs are allowed. You tube only, no facebook.
ripNdeb

Heart Felt Request

#1 Post by ripNdeb »

Please delete and prohibit the sh**** sounding videos made with phones or other inferior quality equipment. They do a grave dis-service to the BF speakers IMHO.
2X OTop 112, 3012HO, melded - 2X T39, 27", Lab 12 - XF 212 - 4 DR250, 2 melded, 2 straight
2 20" T39 3012LF - WH10 - WH8 - in the shop - 2 more 20" T39s
http://saltandlighteureka.org still need a trailer :)

Bruce Weldy

Re: Heart Felt Request

#2 Post by Bruce Weldy »

ripNdeb wrote:Please delete and prohibit the sh**** sounding videos made with phones or other inferior quality equipment. They do a grave dis-service to the BF speakers IMHO.

+1

If you are going to use an iPhone or similar, at least back way up so the mic doesn't distort....which is almost impossible inside at high volumes.

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."

KJ4BXT

#3 Post by KJ4BXT »

+1
---------------------------
meyers at my job, BFM for my system
2x 24" T48 with 3015lf
2x DR250 with 2510 and melded array

Other hardware comes and goes, but these speakers stay.

AcousticScience

#4 Post by AcousticScience »

Not much people can do at a concert. Recording loud needs a separate mic and low gain recording software on a computer with sound dubbed in later.

If you're testing at home you can reduce the volume. I watched a few of radian's videos and he does quite well because he doesn't record at insane levels.

Usually the bass is the first thing to go FAAAART! FAAAART!

Tom Smit

#5 Post by Tom Smit »

Has anyone tried this app... https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... free&hl=en
I have it on my SGS2, and I recorded a bar band from a few feet away. I had reduced the gain but it wasn't enough, so I will try again at a later date. I forgot to reset the gain to zero which resulted in a "quiet" recording a few days later. It was so quiet that I had to wear earbuds just to hear it in my bedroom.
TomS

AcousticScience

#6 Post by AcousticScience »

As I have an android phone I'll check it out. If it has infinitely adjustable gain it's good. I'd need a separate camera though if I was taking a video.
I do have an Olympus digital voice recorder with good SQ but it doesn't do LOUD well.