Two Dr250 (flat array) and two T39 v-plated

Post links to youtube videos of your cabs.
Forum rules
Only links to videos of our cabs are allowed. You tube only, no facebook.
Curtybob

Two Dr250 (flat array) and two T39 v-plated

#1 Post by Curtybob »

Had a pretty decent night last weekend at a local bar. The lead guitarist's wife recorded this on her phone. So obviously not the best sound. But you can tell it sounds mostly decent. Had a few feedback issues because both singers' vocals were being blasted through the drum wedge, and I didn't find it until much later in the night. Oh well... you win some and lose the rest. But, that was not the fault of the mains or the subs. They sounded stellar. We beat the hell out of our PA because we do the whole no-amp-onstage thing. BFM stuff has plenty of oomph to keep up with us. I think it will be a little easier to set up when I get off my tail and implement the driverack I have. But, I don't mind EQing by ear, and aside from the RTA functions, my current rig of DSP amps make it easy enough to get by without the driverack.

You can see our flat array DR250's with the Beta 10a, and 2 of our T39's with lab12's, and the support I made for the Vplate so that the girls could sit and stand on the subs and v-plate. That turned out incredibly stout. The 1/2" part in the center of the v plate still deflects a little when you bounce in the middle, but the edges are rigid as can be. Even without wall loading, we had plenty of usable volume from the subs.

http://youtu.be/Y3G2J-P8LAw

Grant Bunter

Re: Two Dr250 (flat array) and two T39 v-plated

#2 Post by Grant Bunter »

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Despite it "only being a phone recording" it sounds clear and clean, what I've grown to expect from BFM systems.
Nice to see no backline too...
Built:
DR 250: x 2 melded array, 2x CD horn, March 2012 plans.
T39's: 4 x 20" KL3010LF , 2 x 28" 3012LF.
WH8: x 6 with melded array wired series/parallel.
Bunter's Audio and Lighting "like"s would be most appreciated...

Curtybob

#3 Post by Curtybob »

Yeah, the no backline approach has helped a lot. I find that it is a little more demanding as far as power goes, but much easier to get an even sound. No more guitar sweet spot only directly in front of a half-stack. It's also a little tough to please some of the old school demands of our drummer. He is totally against not having real amps on stage. So getting him happy with his monitor mix can be a pain. But, he is starting to believe. He says he likes the low end rumble of a 4x12 guitar rig, and he really misses the pants-flappery of having a big bass rig next to him. I can understand, but I don't care to go back.

Grant Bunter

#4 Post by Grant Bunter »

I sort of understand.
I like to have pretty much only kick snare and vocals in my drumfill, whatever that be. I'm used to getting the rest from onstage amps after 30 years of that.

Having everything going through my drumfill due to no backline would be pretty distracting for a good while, cluttered if you will.

Still, if he's coming around, that's all good :)
It will only get better with time...
Built:
DR 250: x 2 melded array, 2x CD horn, March 2012 plans.
T39's: 4 x 20" KL3010LF , 2 x 28" 3012LF.
WH8: x 6 with melded array wired series/parallel.
Bunter's Audio and Lighting "like"s would be most appreciated...