T60 2x250s residential party

Post links to youtube videos of your cabs.
Forum rules
Only links to videos of our cabs are allowed. You tube only, no facebook.
subharmonic

T60 2x250s residential party

#1 Post by subharmonic »

MMMMmmmm lasers!
2x T39, 1x T60, 1x THTLP, 1x AT(not built by me) 6x DR250
I need more bass

But this gal's built like a burlap bag full of bobcats
CW Mcall

loudsubz

Re: T60 2x250s residential party

#2 Post by loudsubz »

nice setup!

I am always hesitant to use lasers so close for gear of retina damage or lawsuits !

subharmonic

#3 Post by subharmonic »

Thanks, looked better than I thought it would. Sound was as good as my experiences made me expect out of these systems, aka freakin awesome.

It was a friends house with no kids coming so I figure no one would be staring into the lasers but it is a very valid concern. Those cheapo lasers are ridiculously awesome for a Benjamin a pop. They have super wide dispersion vertically and horizontally. So it is hard to place them on regular dances too, unless pointing almost straight up they are pointing at the dancefloor. I see a ton of pics with laser backdrops the next day on Facebook.
I need more bass

CW Mcall

rotebass

#4 Post by rotebass »

subharmonic wrote:Thanks, looked better than I thought it would. Sound was as good as my experiences made me expect out of these systems, aka freakin awesome.

It was a friends house with no kids coming so I figure no one would be staring into the lasers but it is a very valid concern. Those cheapo lasers are ridiculously awesome for a Benjamin a pop. They have super wide dispersion vertically and horizontally. So it is hard to place them on regular dances too, unless pointing almost straight up they are pointing at the dancefloor. I see a ton of pics with laser backdrops the next day on Facebook.
You can use a piece of gaff tape to trim off the throw of the laser, I know it won't look as nice, but safety first.

Are those entry level lasers even powerful enough to damage a person's eye anyways?

loudsubz

#5 Post by loudsubz »

What brand/model of lasers did you use?

biggerrigger

#6 Post by biggerrigger »

rotebass wrote: Are those entry level lasers even powerful enough to damage a person's eye anyways?
Often times they are some of the worst offenders. "Cheap" means they did not take great care in component matching and selection when building the item. And chances are pretty good that it was made in an Asian country with questionable safety regulations on exported goods.

On another forum that I belong to test were done on the output of seven "Cheap" laser units all rated at 5mw in output which is considered a safe output level by the US "experts". All but one of the laser units measured higher than the claimed 5mw. Two of the samples measured over 3 times the rated power or over 15mw and this will no doubt cause permanent eye damage if looked into directly.

Lasers are a very useful lighting tool if used correctly by trained people.
Built
4-25" Lab12 loaded T39's
2-DR250's Melded array
2-DR250's Flat array

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

#7 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

loudsubz wrote:What brand/model of lasers did you use?
The Jedi Knight signature model?

loudsubz

#8 Post by loudsubz »

Bill Fitzmaurice wrote:
The Jedi Knight signature model?

lol, same model used here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Dym9fczwLI

subharmonic

#9 Post by subharmonic »

biggerrigger wrote: Lasers are a very useful lighting tool if used correctly by trained people.
:oops:
They are ADJ Micro Royal and Micro Hypnotic, and Chauvet minFX2.0 (my minFX burned up after less than a dozen uses).
I need more bass

CW Mcall

biggerrigger

#10 Post by biggerrigger »

Subharmonic, I just wanted to clear the air and let you know that the statement from above was not a personal dig at you it was just a statement about lasers in general. Think Pink Floyd laser light show.

I should have been more specific but I had the war office tugging at my shirt tail saying come on we are going to be late to dinner with friends and I had to get my BFM forum fix before I left. :mrgreen:
Built
4-25" Lab12 loaded T39's
2-DR250's Melded array
2-DR250's Flat array

CoronaOperator

#11 Post by CoronaOperator »

subharmonic wrote: They are ADJ Micro Royal and Micro Hypnotic
Those lasers are US FDA approved for anyone without training to use and are quite safe. The US FDA has the strickest laws in the world for laser safety. Any laser over 4.95 mw must have fatbeam technology (up to 10mw) or have a diffration grating (splits the beam into hundreds of smaller ones) or you must have a variance (training) for the higher powered ones to operate. By comparison, we have no such laws in Canada. If you wanted to "play" with a 35 Watt CO2 steel cutting laser in front of a crowd in Canada, have atter, no permit required. :chainsaw:

Many factors come into play for the dangers of higher wattage lasers. The wavelength, wattage, optics, distance from laser to crowd, particulate matter in the air, and the scanning speed all come into play for possible eye damage. These lasers scan the air meaning they are always in motion so that reduces any exposure. None the less, the higher power ones can be dangerous and should be used with caution.
Built:
17" width 10" driver Autotuba
2 x 29" width dual Lab12 Tuba60
6 x DR250 2510/asd1001
In progress:
2 x DR250 2510/asd1001
For best results, point the loud end of the array towards the audience

Ryan A

#12 Post by Ryan A »

CoronaOperator wrote: Those lasers are US FDA approved for anyone without training to use and are quite safe. The US FDA has the strickest laws in the world for laser safety.
The US FAA (federal aviation administration) has also come down hard on offenders who shine lasers that affect aircraft. The max penalty (1st offense): 5 years in prison and/or an $11,000 fine.

subharmonic

#13 Post by subharmonic »

Biggerrigger...no worries. Would rather know I may be harming someone than not. Actually I was concerned about children looking at them at wedding dances. Kids love chasing the lasers and led dots on the floor, but a couple like to just stare at the light tree. Just happens to usually be the same couple kids who try to play hide and go seek or tag around my booth and skrimmed stands while mom and/or dad go to the bar. I should charge baby sitting rates too. Anyway I might get upset with these "angels" but dont want to hurt them either.
I need more bass

CW Mcall

MissileCrisis

#14 Post by MissileCrisis »

*another zombie thread.
Last edited by MissileCrisis on Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Built
2 x TLAH
1 Titan 39 (lab 12, 15 inch)
1 Tuba 60 (lab 12, 20 inch)
SLA Center
2 x Mini MLTP subwoofers
1 x 212 TH (custom)
2 x Mini-Karlsonators
Owned, but not built
2 x Jack 12 (2512, melded)

Bruce Weldy

#15 Post by Bruce Weldy »

MissleCrisis.......please look at the dates of the threads that you are responding to....you are dragging up some really old stuff - the conversation is long over and dead.

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."