Tuba60 Videos (we need more of them) :P

Post links to youtube videos of your cabs.
Forum rules
Only links to videos of our cabs are allowed. You tube only, no facebook.
zefrenm

Re: Tuba60 Videos (we need more of them) :P

#16 Post by zefrenm »

finally a video worth posting

:D

“With much respect and honor Dear sir … The size of the Tuba 60 is of non consequence, I rather do love bass and bass rather loves size, so save the “its too big comments” … thank you :)

matt996

#17 Post by matt996 »

Loved the intro with Veracocha's Carte Blanche... different mix but nonetheless that took me right back in time (although this time there was more bass) :)

zefrenm

#18 Post by zefrenm »

Its been a while since ive been online and just wrapped up a the biggest event with my DJ Cousin.
I still want to finish the dr 250's we started but we had to settle on an unorthodox set-up to at least match the highs and mids to 6 Tuba 60's.

At first we though it would be straight forward, organize a youth dance for the 101st Northern Navajo Nation Fair. At the end we learned alot, wished we had lawyers on the payroll but at the end we were able to put on the show.

First of all no one knew what we were trying to put on, so naturally we had opposition on the Fair board, then we got audited, and was told out equipment was collateral if the event didn't make back a exorbitant amount of money. That was straightened out then the Local Utility Company told us that the power line to the event (strung out in 1940) wouldn't hold the required amps.

We ended renting a 20Kilowatt generator with the amps connected to a 240v junction box and ran everything else off the two 120 outlets on the generator. We ran everything at 8omhs stereo and for the first time ever was able to drive all the amps to the 90% levels with no problems. But we settled on 60% because higher than that was uncomfortable in the first 15 ft from the stage.

Set-up
1- Behringer Super X pro (left & feed to the splitter for the subs) Xover at 62Hz-1200Hz-2000Hz
1- Behringer Super X pro (right) Xover at 62Hz-1200Hz-2000Hz
1- Behringer Ultra Link Pro (splits the bass into 6 channels)
Subs
6- Tuba 60s @ 24’ with Lab 15s
Crown 602 & Behringer ep4000
Mid Low
Crown XLS1500 with 2-JBL JRX 100s
Mid Highs
Crown XLS1500 with 2-Beta lab-A in a bass flex cabs
Highs
Crown XLS1500 with 4-MCM Model 10350 series wired stereo

Any suggestions or comments on this set-up? Please always welcomed. Tuba 7 & 8 in progress :fruit:

Lights
4-Xstatic Stratos
2-Chavet Intimidators ITH 2.0
1-Chavet Vue 2
1-Technostrobe
“With much respect and honor Dear sir … The size of the Tuba 60 is of non consequence, I rather do love bass and bass rather loves size, so save the “its too big comments” … thank you :)

DJ Higgumz

#19 Post by DJ Higgumz »

May I ask why you need that many tubas? How many tops do you have?
Before Fitzmaurice, big bass could only be had with just a hook and a nightcrawler.
Building
4 30" T60s
Built
2 19" T60s
1 30" T39
3 Autotubas with GTO804
Bought
2 Dr250s

88h88

#20 Post by 88h88 »

DJ Higgumz wrote:How many tops do you have?
It looks like about 6 cabs more than he needs if he were to get his head down and churn some BFM ones out. He could leave half those amps at home...

Also unless I'm mistaken I'm not seeing a limiter in that lot??
4xOT12s, 2xT39s@22", TTLS@18", 2xT60@18"

Bas Gooiker

#21 Post by Bas Gooiker »

zefrenm wrote:Set-up
1- Behringer Super X pro (left & feed to the splitter for the subs) Xover at 62Hz-1200Hz-2000Hz
1- Behringer Super X pro (right) Xover at 62Hz-1200Hz-2000Hz
1- Behringer Ultra Link Pro (splits the bass into 6 channels)
Subs
6- Tuba 60s @ 24’ with Lab 15s
Crown 602 & Behringer ep4000
Mid Low
Crown XLS1500 with 2-JBL JRX 100s
Mid Highs
Crown XLS1500 with 2-Beta lab-A in a bass flex cabs
Highs
Crown XLS1500 with 4-MCM Model 10350 series wired stereo

Any suggestions or comments on this set-up? Please always welcomed. Tuba 7 & 8 in progress :fruit:
Just some questions...
Your Tuba's cover the range from 25-62hz, next come's some low mid from 62-1200, then high mid till 2k an then finaly high from 2k on? If you are using kickbin's i can see why you would not use the full range of the tuba's but in your case i wonder what the point is. If you let em run to 100hz they will be way louder as SPL starts to rise @ 70hz and you might not even feel the need to add 2 more.
I own a Behringer X-pro aswell, and the [Low Cut] highpass button is a only a 6db slope, so in no way a limiter or protection for your drivers.
And about your amps... You say you run everthing @ 8ohm stereo. 4 of your subs could be run of 2 amp channels at a nice 4 ohm load.
Life is just a game, don't take it to seriously!

Charles Warwick

#22 Post by Charles Warwick »

zefrenm wrote:We got audited, and was told out equipment was collateral if the event didn't make back a exorbitant amount of money.
What in the world? :conf:

What is the JBL JRX 100? I thought that referred to a product line...I would have thought you would use the T60's at least up to 80hz since they have incredible sensitivity and strength <100hz.

I agree, you've got a total excess of amps and complexity. Once you get those DR250's built you'll be in business. :mrgreen:

Whiterob

#23 Post by Whiterob »

Constructive criticism above. I am curious how the event ended up doing? In my personal opinion, I only heard one or two small sections that have DJ's I would let play at any of my events. There are an abundant amount of DJ's out there, so if you make a good selection of who to let play, more people will want to come to your events. I honestly feel that trainwrecks (like I heard a few times just in skimming through the video) are unacceptable as people pay good money to be at the shows. I do like what you are doing though, just iron out the small details, and I have faith you will get success, you got a legit all around setup.
Why can I never make up my mind?

zefrenm

#24 Post by zefrenm »

DJ Higgumz wrote:May I ask why you need that many tubas? How many tops do you have?
8 - Tops

zefrenm

#25 Post by zefrenm »

Charles Warwick wrote:
zefrenm wrote:We got audited, and was told out equipment was collateral if the event didn't make back a exorbitant amount of money.
What in the world? :conf:

What is the JBL JRX 100? I thought that referred to a product line...I would have thought you would use the T60's at least up to 80hz since they have incredible sensitivity and strength <100hz.

I agree, you've got a total excess of amps and complexity. Once you get those DR250's built you'll be in business. :mrgreen:
Yes I'm showing your opinions to my cousin so after i get the go ahead to build one then i think we will have 3 more not so long after :mrgreen:

zefrenm

#26 Post by zefrenm »

Whiterob wrote:Constructive criticism above. I am curious how the event ended up doing? In my personal opinion, I only heard one or two small sections that have DJ's I would let play at any of my events. There are an abundant amount of DJ's out there, so if you make a good selection of who to let play, more people will want to come to your events. I honestly feel that trainwrecks (like I heard a few times just in skimming through the video) are unacceptable as people pay good money to be at the shows. I do like what you are doing though, just iron out the small details, and I have faith you will get success, you got a legit all around setup.

We had 8 of the contracted 13 DJs show-up so we had some back-ups in mind that were still "green" but we felt it to be an success even though we had 240 attendees of the projected 800. The lack of support from the Fair Board cause us to use the Advertising budget we paid from our own pockets to be used for small concessions, construction materials and diesel. SO that was a big lesson, and about three other electronic events haphazardly set up during the last three days and the patrons were confused that all of them were related to our event. The carnival refused to allow an egress between the dance the carnival and the gate, so we were surrounded by caravans(of note on the last day the carnival went quiet and allowed our music to permeate the midway). This was suppose to be a free event but the audit recommended that the Fair charge $10s gate admission and we pay back the budget the Fair Board approved plus rent for the loss of vending space. We decided to charge $5 dollars and hope for the best.
The fair theme was "into the next century with technology and heritage." and the only entertainment before us was local Country and western bands and Hip-hop event that cratered to the over 30 crowd. We wanted to bring electronic music in its full glory to this dusty little 101 year old regional fair and see if we could start something new. And between everyone ive interviewed and the groups and even the Fair Board at last believe it something that should stay. So I'm attending a Fairboard meeting in 30 minutes to see what the final ruling will be on our Event. The average age of the fair board is about 58 and now because of this event some are interlining ideas for more youth next year so wish us luck.

Whiterob

#27 Post by Whiterob »

Wish you the best, and I did not mean to sound harsh in my post, I think what you guys are doing is great. Good Luck
Why can I never make up my mind?

Tom Smit

#28 Post by Tom Smit »

All the best to zefrenm. Hopefully all ages will be represented at the fair. :)
TomS

Titanium Hand

#29 Post by Titanium Hand »

You're putting in a mammoth personal effort Zef, go hard mate :fingers: My finges are crossed for you hoping for success in your near horizon
Built 2 x T39 Lab 12 loaded 457mm wide, 29inch Wide Dual Lab 12 Loaded T60 and 2 x OTop 112 2512 Melded. Powered by N.I.TRAKTOR Pro 2.6 (2.6.1 has too many issues) TRAKTOR KONTROL S2 Crown XTi2000