Having a little fun here...

Post links to youtube videos of your cabs.
Forum rules
Only links to videos of our cabs are allowed. You tube only, no facebook.
Chris Betancourt

Having a little fun here...

#1 Post by Chris Betancourt »

I decided to post this vid. A good friend of mine wanted to me to set up all six of my DR250 three per side because he said that I was exagerating about how load and clear my set up is. He ownes a few big rigs with very well known brands of speakers. We both have heard them all and we know very well how to compare one with the other. He does biggers events than me. We got together to give it a test try at the shop. I opened up the truck and decided to take out just a pair of DR250's and T39's my small rack and the laptop which he was expecting to hear all six. I told him that I wanted him to see for himself what just a pair could do so he laughed a little. So I fired it up and let hi m play with the EQ for a while to set it to his liking while I stood back. After 15min. of tweeking with different Genres of music including live salsa music that he recorded himself he turned to me with that look in his face like the one that you would have when you see a ghost for the first but still not sure what you saw you know whats that look!!!! :shock: So he ask's me these have only a 10" and piezos in them? Anyway seeing is believing :loler: ! Check this out and let me know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dl3lubYxcE
Christopher Betancourt
Authorized Builder
Puerto Rico
Built:
4xTitan 39-3012LF, 2xWedgehorn 8, 4xOT12, 8xOT12J on the works.
All running w/SAC or DL1606
On the table:
too much work!! LOL
Future:
It's a secret for now. Shhhh....

Lastcat

Re: Having a little fun here...

#2 Post by Lastcat »

Congratulations, nice work :clap:

I just finished a pair of DR250's, wow, these are loud and clear. Thanks for the video, all the way from Puerto Rico :hyper: .
Currently Built:
4 T39 24" 3012LF
4 WH10 2510
4 DR200 Pro 8a
4 DR250 2510

Chris Betancourt

#3 Post by Chris Betancourt »

And I recorded this with my crappy BlackB. Curve Cell which sounded not soo good and I had to talk loud which Im inches from the cell and the speakers were more than 120 feet away from me with cars passing bye and the van in the way etc. etc.. I know what six DR's would do and its CRAZY!! Anybody like Salsa Music??
Christopher Betancourt
Authorized Builder
Puerto Rico
Built:
4xTitan 39-3012LF, 2xWedgehorn 8, 4xOT12, 8xOT12J on the works.
All running w/SAC or DL1606
On the table:
too much work!! LOL
Future:
It's a secret for now. Shhhh....

Dan30

#4 Post by Dan30 »

maximuma wrote:And I recorded this with my crappy BlackB. Curve Cell which sounded not soo good and I had to talk loud which Im inches from the cell and the speakers were more than 120 feet away from me with cars passing bye and the van in the way etc. etc.. I know what six DR's would do and its CRAZY!! Anybody like Salsa Music??
I was raised on it. Both sides of my family are Puerto Rican.
T39 24" 3012lf (1 built 1 in progress)
SLA Pro x 2
Yamaha S112V x 1
QSC RMX 2450
dbx Driverack PA

SONIDO TUMBAO

#5 Post by SONIDO TUMBAO »

Chris Betancourt wrote:I decided to post this vid. A good friend of mine wanted to me to set up all six of my DR250 three per side because he said that I was exagerating about how load and clear my set up is. He ownes a few big rigs with very well known brands of speakers. We both have heard them all and we know very well how to compare one with the other. He does biggers events than me. We got together to give it a test try at the shop. I opened up the truck and decided to take out just a pair of DR250's and T39's my small rack and the laptop which he was expecting to hear all six. I told him that I wanted him to see for himself what just a pair could do so he laughed a little. So I fired it up and let hi m play with the EQ for a while to set it to his liking while I stood back. After 15min. of tweeking with different Genres of music including live salsa music that he recorded himself he turned to me with that look in his face like the one that you would have when you see a ghost for the first but still not sure what you saw you know whats that look!!!! :shock: So he ask's me these have only a 10" and piezos in them? Anyway seeing is believing :loler: ! Check this out and let me know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dl3lubYxcE

Muy buen video brother, fijate que tengo 6 titanes 48 y en lo que se refiere a la música salsa o cumbia colombiana, o rumba cubana, el bajo que producen no me gusta con respecto a otros bajos que he tenido, la pregunta es, tu como setteas tus bajos, quizas ahi es donde estoy fallando, por que esos mismos t48 en música electronica te revientan los timpanos.... y simbran toda la callle, puertas y ventanas.... pero en la musica afroantillana no mas no dan.... :confused:
6 Titanes 48
8 DR250 en process con CD