myn's Tuba HT Build Thread

Post your build odyssey here.
Kevin A

Re: myn's Tuba HT Build Thread

#436 Post by Kevin A »

I think this is the 5-minute epoxy he's describing (from PE)....

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdet ... er=340-650

Tsloms

#437 Post by Tsloms »

MJ79 wrote:
This is what you guys are talking about , correct?

http://loctiteproducts.com/products/det ... 9&plid=759
That is very similar to the epoxy that I used. I can vouch that it will hold extremely well to the wood and metal insert. Make sure not to get any epoxy on the threads though.

MJ79

#438 Post by MJ79 »

Tsloms wrote:
MJ79 wrote:
This is what you guys are talking about , correct?

http://loctiteproducts.com/products/det ... 9&plid=759
That is very similar to the epoxy that I used. I can vouch that it will hold extremely well to the wood and metal insert. Make sure not to get any epoxy on the threads though.

Thanks man, and Kevin too.. Im gonna be real careful Cuz i dont have a tap, so , slow and steady on this one :)

NCDaveD

#439 Post by NCDaveD »

MJ79 wrote: Thanks man, and Kevin too.. Im gonna be real careful Cuz i dont have a tap, so , slow and steady on this one :)
5 minute epoxy isn't going to let you be "slow and steady" :P It's great for fixing one T-nut, but if you are installing a full set, you may want a longer set time.

I used 15 minute epoxy and mixed up 2 batches so I could do 4 T-nuts at a time. That way I could be "slow and steady". Epoxy is dry this morning and those T-nuts aren't going anywhere :)

The epoxy is usually available at hobby shops in 5, 15, 30, 45 and 90 minute cure times. Trust me, when your working with something that sets in 5 minutes, that time goes by a lot quicker than you realize.

NCDaveD

myn

#440 Post by myn »

Exactly.

I have some of that stuff. It works nicely :)

Drey Chennells

#441 Post by Drey Chennells »

Myn, I've followed the whole thread this far, I gotta say thanks for all your detail on the build. I'll be digging in to several 24" tht very soon and I've learned plenty from posts like yours and others. I'm really liking the support of this community. Great job!
Best,
Drey
"Things happen, but music stays in your blood forever~." bf

InfraCoustik
Consulting/Design/Fabrication
Authorized BF Builder
http://www.infracoustik.com/
info@infracoustik.com

GirlyHandedDog

#442 Post by GirlyHandedDog »

I appreciate all the info and pictures! I'll definitely have a head start after spending 3 hours reading this thread. But I gotta say... Elton John and the Pussycat Dolls as your first listening test??? :roll:

jswingchun

#443 Post by jswingchun »

GirlyHandedDog wrote:Elton John and the Pussycat Dolls as your first listening test??? :roll:
That's funny coming from GirlyHandedDog. :)
Omni 10
Omni 10.5
OmniTop 12 x 4
Wedgehorn 8 x 3
XF212
T39 @ 18" x 2
T39 @ 20" x 2
T39 @ 28" x 2
Jack 110 x 5
Jack Lite 12
XF210
XF210 (Slant only, no crossfire)

psg

#444 Post by psg »

Too bad... This was possibly the best thread to show and explain the details of a THT build and the images are gone.

myn

#445 Post by myn »

? Pictures are still up.

psg

#446 Post by psg »

Strange. I didn't see them yesterday. They were replaced with the word "image" or "picture" (something like that).

That's a relief!

Tom Smit

#447 Post by Tom Smit »

psg wrote:Strange. I didn't see them yesterday. They were replaced with the word "image" or "picture" (something like that).

That's a relief!
I get that situation when on some computers that don't allow pics(at work). No problem at home though.
TomS

vschaos

#448 Post by vschaos »

very informative thread I like! I cant wait to build my own!

RENDOG

#449 Post by RENDOG »

Starting reading this thread after work. Went to dinner, then just now finished the thread. Great job and thank you, and all those that contributed, for the details.

Flashjet

#450 Post by Flashjet »

First off, I have to thank Myn for his excellent build documentation and pictures. Even with all this great documentation and pictures, plus the detailed plans, :wall: I messed up and wanted to know if I am required to rip out my baffle because I glued it in turned around 180 degrees. The driver, per plans, should be closer to panel #5. I glued my in so it is closer to the front of the enclosure front. I wondered if this would have much of an impact on the finial result of the THT sound output.

I started looking for other posts of some one doing the same mess up and I have two pictures of different builds that have done this same mess up but didn't mention it. This one and another.

Your picture shows that your driver is closer to the front of the enclosure than to panel #5. But your glowing review of the finial results of the sound output tell me that it is a mess up that I can live with. I hope this reply post keeps others from doing the same thing.

Thanks again,

Flashjet