THTLP Build

Post your build odyssey here.
Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

Re: THTLP Build

#46 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

It was -10F at my house yesterday morning.

ecut1

#47 Post by ecut1 »

Yes, we're getting some pretty cold temps here lately. If you were to track my activity on this forum I'm guessing you would find some "peaks" in the winter and some "nulls" in the summer. :lol:

Good article Bill... now I'm interested in taking some measurements and only moving the mic one inch. I also want to measure my THAH's and curved SLA. I think my room has some fairly serious issues right now. I'm planning to add some treatment to walls eventually. Maybe winter of 22-23. :D

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

#48 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

One inch isn't enough to have an effect in the lows, but a foot is. The best wall treatment is textured wall paper and furniture. I'm always amused at pictures of audiophile listening rooms that are furnished like Hitler's bunker. The more furniture the better. One upholstered couch is the equivalent of a dozen bass traps. The largest reflective surfaces are the floor and ceiling, so carpet is a must, and textured ceilings help a lot.

Bruce Weldy

#49 Post by Bruce Weldy »

Bill Fitzmaurice wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:46 am It was -10F at my house yesterday morning.
Yeah, my wife gives me the cold shoulder like that, too.....buy her some diamonds and it'll warm up some....

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."