2 - SLA Pro 4x6 Alphalite

Dale Hammer

Re: First BFM build: SLA PRO 4x6

#33 Post by Dale Hammer »

Well done!

Line92

Re: First BFM build: SLA PRO 4x6

#34 Post by Line92 »

Thanks for the positive feedback! I feel really good about building these.
Will probably add a second pair in the future. Or maybe do two pairs of OT12s if i would need it.

I did run some autoEQ with my Driverack and RTA mic, the picture showed what it wanted to do hah, up to - 12db around 1.5khz-4khz, and some other tuning aswell, i did adjust from there so the autoEQ works on like 60% if you know what i mean. Manually changed the EQ so that i liked the sound better, now i am super happy with them! They sound so clean and still have this warm hifi tone. Amazing performance with just 20v input, this is a very capable little box!
And i am very pleased for now with the piezos, they are not recommended from the plans but they seem to work good. 1/4 price than Monacors here in Europe. I have the budget to buy Monacors if these will fail for me. And also a couple spares..

I got some help here on the forum to choose other subs that makes transportation and stacking easier, it looks like i will go with four 20" wide T30s 3012LF loaded.
I have to sell my 186 horns first to afford drivers and hardware. If i follow up with that build i will definitly do a build thread!
I got loads of help here and i am very thankful.
And also upload pics after finishing paint and grille on my SLA PRO.

Merry christmas!
SLA PRO 4X6
T60 2x20"
Labgruppen fP6400. fP2400Q. DBX Driverack PA2
TLAH
AT 20"
TRT