Dual THTLP Build

Post your build odyssey here.
Remy.Alexander

Dual THTLP Build

#1 Post by Remy.Alexander »

Greetings,

New Here, Just got my plans yesterday and i'm super excited and a little intimidated. Ive built a few sub and speaker cabs before but that was just standard stuff.

Im about to start construction, as soon as I can source the Plywood at a good price. Im building Dual RSS390HF- 15"D X 21"W X 72"H. I already have the dual woofers and a Inuke 3000DSP so im off to a good start.

Still working on a cutlist- so i can visually make it a bit more idiot proof....yes im a idiot at times... Attached is my cut-list so-far which I think I have correct...

This morning I cut and trimmed a bunch of boards I think they were 2" X 3" - lol, I grabbed wrong boards at Home Depot so i cut them up today as "guides" . Not a big waste as they were only $2.07 each for 8'. ran the sides through the table saw to trim them off and make a flatter edge.

Anyway all tips and tricks welcome... FIY I tend to be a idiot with math and angles so If i post something stupid, please educate me..I welcome it so long as not just being a A-hole :)

And Bill is a awesome guy, We ordered the plans and had them in like a hour lol..Really looking forward to bringing his creation into our home. Thank You
Attachments
Is this right.PNG

Tom Smit

Re: Dual THTLP Build

#2 Post by Tom Smit »

Enjoy your build!

I answered your question in the other thread. It would be best to continue here, and ask the remaining build questions here, as well.
TomS

Grant Bunter

#3 Post by Grant Bunter »

I know this might seem a bit pedantic, but are you building 1 dual loaded cab, or 2 single loaded cabs?
Built:
DR 250: x 2 melded array, 2x CD horn, March 2012 plans.
T39's: 4 x 20" KL3010LF , 2 x 28" 3012LF.
WH8: x 6 with melded array wired series/parallel.
Bunter's Audio and Lighting "like"s would be most appreciated...

Remy.Alexander

#4 Post by Remy.Alexander »

Tom Smit wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 11:43 pm Enjoy your build!

I answered your question in the other thread. It would be best to continue here, and ask the remaining build questions here, as well.
Thanks, I appreciate it. I'll make the adjustments :)

Grant- I'm building two single loaded thtlp

Remy.Alexander

#5 Post by Remy.Alexander »

I believe I have it correct, I am "referring" to panels in different terms which may confuse. I plan to make the throat face forward. Its showing as ill need 2 and 1/4 sheets with a lot of scrap, so I think ill have enough for braces.
Attachments
Is this right.PNG

Remy.Alexander

#6 Post by Remy.Alexander »

So what do I run these at when I complete the build? Ive read they exceed xmax at 22hz, So the'll need a HPF like a ported cab? These will be corner loaded- and all about that shake- I love watching movies and feeling everything that was meant to be felt. My kids make me put on stuff like "bass I love you" because it vibrates the couch so much, I like the 5/6hz drop :)