How to adapt THT Slimline from 18 to 15inch

Post your build odyssey here.
brahcj

How to adapt THT Slimline from 18 to 15inch

#1 Post by brahcj »

Hey all,
I've purchased the plans for the THT Slimline, however I'm stepping to a 12" driver, and dropping the box from 18 inch deep to 15 inch due to space restrictions.
Not sure that it would matter, but I'm matching the 72 inches high, and making the box 24 inches wide.

How do I modify the positions of the internals? Does the 3 inches that I'm losing all come from the biggest "mouth?" (ie; Between panel 1 and 7? Or do I take a percentage off of every gap (ie: so that the gap between 4 and 9 is 17% smaller, as is the gap between 4 and 7, etc etc )

Please advise!
CJ

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

Re: How to adapt THT Slimline from 18 to 15inch

#2 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

You don't modify the positions of the internals. I don't believe you comprehend how the cab is sized differently for a twelve. The eighteen inch dimension of the cab height is a constant. The width of the internals are cut to determine the width of the cabinet.

brahcj

#3 Post by brahcj »

You're very right, I definitely misunderstood..... Darn it!!

I have a maximum width of 15", but have a depth of up to 24 inches, and a height of 72 inches is no issue either.
In this case, the biggest box I can make is 72"x15"x18" (HxWxD).
What sort of performance should I expect from something with such dimensions? Ever had experience with such a long, narrow build?

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

#4 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

It's not going to work quite as well as a wider THTLP> but it will still work better than anything else. :hyper: