1 x THT
1 x autotuba
2 x dr250 melded

2 x wedgehorn 10
2 x tlah

TXATC

Re: Finally Starting the Theater Build

#62 Post by TXATC »

Started the wiring yesterday. That’s a time consuming process.

I was originally going to use spade connectors. However, after doing the first line of tweets, I think I am going to pull them and just solder them all. Those tweeter tabs just don’t stay straight when trying to put the terminals on them. My soldering skills are no bueno, so I'm praying I don’t fry my drivers in the process.
Semper Fi
TX

jimbo7

#63 Post by jimbo7 »

TXATC wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:08 am Started the wiring yesterday. That’s a time consuming process.

I was originally going to use spade connectors. However, after doing the first line of tweets, I think I am going to pull them and just solder them all. Those tweeter tabs just don’t stay straight when trying to put the terminals on them. My soldering skills are no bueno, so I'm praying I don’t fry my drivers in the process.
Wiring SLA's are the worst. Just take your time. And be careful with those goldwoods. Too much heat and it melts the plastic and the tabs get funky on you. You did order extras, right?
BFM builds:
XF212
T24 BP102 24"
2x SLA's 6-5" mids, 9- gt-302's
2x AT 14" MCM 55-2421
TrT 5" MCM 55-2421
AT 18" JBL GTO804
2x OT12 flat array
2x SLA Pro 2-Alpha 6's 2-Goldwoods
2x T39 24" 3012lf
Simplex 10 BP102

TXATC

#64 Post by TXATC »

No extras, originally planned on solderless connections and PE is really good about replacing any that came broken. I did finish up soldering the first of them today. I went with a hybrid method just so I didn’t put too much heat into the tab. I fit my wired with the female plugs and put them on carefully, then hit the plug with the heat and let the solder flow. Iron was super hot so it heated quickly and no burnt plastic. I figured the plug would kind of act as a heat sink and pull heat away from the tweeter. I guess I’ll see if it worked when I plug them in.
Semper Fi
TX