2x TLAH pro in progress...

Post your build odyssey here.
climbikejk

Re: 2x TLAH pro in progress...

#16 Post by climbikejk »

Doh!

I put the crossover near the terminus because that's how it looked in the sketch-up. If I move the crossover to the closed end and add stuffing....is it really any different than leaving the crossover near the open end and stuffing? I guess my only apprehension to add stuffing near the crossover is because the plans mentioned there could be a problem if the tweeters are wired incorrectly. If you're 100% confident in your wiring/soldering, is it still an issue? I would think it's only an issue if the crossover components get hot...meaning you provided a lot of power for a long time. Correct?

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

#17 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

It is only a problem if the resistors get hot, and they handle very little current, so they shouldn't. We've seen it happen, though very rarely, and only when something was wired incorrectly or the system was massively over powered.

climbikejk

#18 Post by climbikejk »

That's good news to me!

(I think my 165W/channel (MAX) HT receiver should be just fine)

Thanks Bill

climbikejk

#19 Post by climbikejk »

Done. I am so happy with how things came out. I started this entire build 6 months ago.
All.jpg
Just one data point so far...I ran my SPL meter up and down the front of one TLAH Pro, one meter away, while music was playing, and I was measuring about ~94-~97dB; higher numbers where the SPL meter came closer to the tweeters. Did I mention my voltmeter only hit a high of 1.1Vac across the terminals during this measure? :hyper: