Re: OTop 12 J Array x6 Build

#16 Post by Tom Smit »

Thanks for sharing!
TomS

njkreger

#17 Post by njkreger »

Hi all,

I think we finally have this BFM system dialed in pretty close. We ended up moving things a bit, and now have two arrays, left and right, with three OTop 12s each, with the 3012HO and NSD:2005 in the OTops, bi-amped. We stuck the subs left and right, about 57 feet apart, and recessed them into the closets.

The only poor coverage is the first few seats in the front row, to the left and right of the center aisle, and a few seats in the very back row FOH left (there's an HVAC vent in the way).

All DSP is done by a dbx VENU360, and I'd be more than happy to post some screenshots of the different settings if it'd help someone else.

We had to go cheap on the amps, and the subs are powered by an EP4000, and the tops are powered by EP2000s. We don't run it super-hot, so it still puts out pretty well.

I set limiters very conservatively to give us a little extra space, just-in-case, and I can easily run the board into the yellow, outputting around 105dB - 110 dB, and it still doesn't hit the limiters.

Anyhow, here's a video (it's a good thing I'm NOT a surgeon or I'd have a lot of lawsuits filed against me):

Thank you everyone for the help for this noob, specifically James Champer for coming out and encouraging us to go for it with the OTops, Brent Evans for generously answering my questions and incessant PMs, Bruce Weldy for some spare diaphragms for the NSDs before they went totally out of style and a few phone conversations, and of course, Bill Fitzmaurice for the plans/designs and the Yoda-like wisdom.
Last edited by njkreger on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

#18 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

Excellent job. The uniformity across the room is superb.

Bruce Weldy

#19 Post by Bruce Weldy »

Great job. The congregation should be proud.
Last edited by Bruce Weldy on Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."

Tom Smit

#20 Post by Tom Smit »

Good work.

The EP amps will work quite well.
TomS