Finally started T39 build

Post your build odyssey here.
y2kindyz

Re: Finally started T39 build

#16 Post by y2kindyz »

Chris_Allen wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:01 am It's a wise move to delay at this point as you need to do all the necessary leak testing. You've done all this work and I wouldn't rush now. Otherwise, the build is looking good. Which handle option did you go for?
Thanks. Chris. Pics look good, but my skills still need help. I had to improvise. Due to not fully understanding the plans. I know IITP, :wall: but with every build their is something new learned. But that means I just need to build more. :hyper:

About the handles, none due to time crunch. Will be installing recessed wheells and handles as per plans, top and bottom. I am in the process if looking to install some skid guards (skateboard rails) to be made from 1/2" plastic sheet, cut to 1" x 1 1/2" - 35" and 18" strips for back top and bottom. Paint will be cheap flat black 1st coat followed by duratex and corner protectors. Still not set on 1 or 2 connestors. Probably go with back and possibly in the mouth as per plans. Figured I can do a rectangle recess vs the round to place the 1/4" backing plate.

Chris_Allen

#17 Post by Chris_Allen »

I gigged my first pair of DR200's without paint as I too was behind on the build. Paint doesn't affect the sound, so I did all the testing first.
Built:
6xDR200, 2xT39, 2xT48, 2xJack110, 1xOmni10.5, 1xAutotuba, 1xT18, 1xSLA Pro, 1xW8, 1xW10

y2kindyz

#18 Post by y2kindyz »

Sorry for not taking the advice given. I was just too anxious to hear them.

I had time during lunch and I was able to make the access cover and install the speakers and install the cover. I was able to get home from work with just enough time to solder a speakon connector and have it come out of the mouth. I took them to the dance and figured I’d give them a go. I got everything hooked up and did a quick sound check. I wasn’t able to set the limiter, but I didn’t plan to push them hard so I wasn’t worried about setting the limiter. Needless to say. All was good and I am very happy. Now it’s just a matter of putting the wheels, paint and connectors. I have wedding on the 30th. The should be all pretty and done by then.