Building Titan 48s and OmniTop 12s in europe

Post your build odyssey here.
commander_dan

Re: Building Titan 48s and OmniTop 12s in europe

#16 Post by commander_dan »

Nayberg wrote:...some artsy techno at a local festival
Care to name a few of your fav tracks / artists in the genre? Drop me a PM :)

Nice going with the build! Lots of pics please...
Built:
6 T30 (24", 3012LF)
2 OT12 (MA, 3012HO)
2 T24 (18", 3010LF)

Running:
DCX2496
XTi 2002
XTi 4002
TRAKTOR Z2
TECHNICS 1210 Mk5's

Nayberg

#17 Post by Nayberg »

commander_dan wrote:
Nayberg wrote:...some artsy techno at a local festival
Care to name a few of your fav tracks / artists in the genre? Drop me a PM :)

Nice going with the build! Lots of pics please...
Thanks :) More pics later today! Can't wait to finish work so we can build - luckily we work at the cultural house where the workshop is :fruit:

Actually we're the ones playing this saturday - in cooperation with another live electronic act. We're going to jam for 6 hours of improvised live ambient/techno while the crowd can interact with the music/beat, the light, the visuals (live VJ too) and the art installations through various controllers and other stuff. Gonna be interesting I think!

We only have one recorded track since we mostly improvise and jam: https://soundcloud.com/ekko-loeber-i-bjergene - personally I like stuff like Minilogue and a lot of the german techno-acts like Extrawelt and Kollektiv Turmstrasse.
Building:
2x OmniTop 12
4x Titan 48

gammagoblin

#18 Post by gammagoblin »

Hey Nayberg
It sounds like a very cool project. Where are you situated and does that project have a name?
Its such an important thing to give concerts and workshops for free, or a small amount of money.
We got that discussion since a few years in my hometown, where now even the social centre is charging usually more than 20 bucks on every events entrance and 7 bucks for a pint.
So actually there is no possibility for the youth to take part on the cultural live.
But the advantage of this situation is, that the youth is getting active again. They are starting to do their own events, concerts and festivals and usually charging just collection to enter. But there is a big lack of knowledge on how to build up the sound system, the lights, the catering part. What infrastructure is needed, how many toilets do we need, what is the overall powerconsumption, which permission does it require, etc.
So it's such an importantthing to give them the know-how especially to give it them for free or a small charge.

So a very big big up for you!

Nayberg

#19 Post by Nayberg »

gammagoblin wrote:Hey Nayberg
It sounds like a very cool project. Where are you situated and does that project have a name?
Its such an important thing to give concerts and workshops for free, or a small amount of money.
We got that discussion since a few years in my hometown, where now even the social centre is charging usually more than 20 bucks on every events entrance and 7 bucks for a pint.
So actually there is no possibility for the youth to take part on the cultural live.
But the advantage of this situation is, that the youth is getting active again. They are starting to do their own events, concerts and festivals and usually charging just collection to enter. But there is a big lack of knowledge on how to build up the sound system, the lights, the catering part. What infrastructure is needed, how many toilets do we need, what is the overall powerconsumption, which permission does it require, etc.
So it's such an importantthing to give them the know-how especially to give it them for free or a small charge.

So a very big big up for you!
Thanks a bunch! This is right down our alley! I'm very interested in exactly how restrictive or rigid cultural institutions can actually make people take matters into their own hands and create something beautiful/meaningful for themselves and others.
This is why I started myself - now it's my profession :hyper:

We're based in Roskilde, Denmark and are part of a "cultural house" of sorts, so a lot of the "business model" of our initiative relies on fundraising (so we can provide free awesomeness to the people :hyper: ). We do a lot of free events, concerts and so on, but the main idea behind the entire project is to empower people to become "entrepreneurs" in their own lives themselves; to get exactly the kind of know-how you write about - it's so essential to whether or not great initiatives will succeed. We're trying to provide/facilitate that platform or environment where you can experiment with, get help with your idea and build know-how as risk-free as possible.

Ultimately we believe that culture - in our case especially musical experiences - should be widely available to everyone.
The cultural house we're based out of is called INSP! - and our initiative is called INSP Sound :)

Where are you from?
Building:
2x OmniTop 12
4x Titan 48

Nayberg

#20 Post by Nayberg »

Just a quick update from yesterday - going to continue today and hopefully finish these babies up :)
Attachments
IMG_20150823_153639.jpg
IMG_20150823_182439.jpg
Building:
2x OmniTop 12
4x Titan 48

gammagoblin

#21 Post by gammagoblin »

Nayberg wrote: Where are you from?
Bern, Switzerland

I sendt you a request on FB, so we can chat about that topic without spaming the whole thread.