At it again!! Night club number 2 sporting a BFM rig!

Post your build odyssey here.
hifibob

Re: At it again!! Night club number 2 sporting a BFM rig!

#61 Post by hifibob »

billkatz wrote:
hifibob wrote:
You guys know me to well lol.. Ive since re-cut these parts with some modification to expedite these.. I basically dado all the mating surfaces and increased the size of the cleats to help hold the little pieces straight and square while tacking together with brad nailer. Now I can get the brad nails plenty far enough out the way when it comes time to mill out the pocket holes for the module mounts.
Do the flat packs that you are making for Leland include double the module braces and the improvements noted here?
Just specify you want them and I'll add the extra tweeter module braces. The flat packs do not include all of mods I've done in my build thread but includes 1 piece sheath brace and 1 piece tweeter module back if going with CD option. Also includes full length sides and back panel.

LelandCrooks

#62 Post by LelandCrooks »

We discussed the mods at length. The problem is the assembly procedure would not then fit the plans.
If it's too loud, you're even older than me! Like me.
http://www.speakerhardware.com

iamlowsound

#63 Post by iamlowsound »

Woah, you are back! This will be good!

lowsound

kenkenni

#64 Post by kenkenni »

Hifibob are you an authorized commercial builder for BFM yet? I may want a quad of O-Top 12s somewhere down the line.
If there is anyone in Atlanta that can direct me to a shop that does CNC work out here please let me know.

DJPhatman

#65 Post by DJPhatman »

kenkenni wrote:Hifibob are you an authorized commercial builder for BFM yet? I may want a quad of O-Top 12s somewhere down the line.
If there is anyone in Atlanta that can direct me to a shop that does CNC work out here please let me know.
Buy them as flat-packs from Leland, over at Speaker Hardware. Add in the Deluxe O-Top 12 Kit and you are off and running!
I know money often seals the deal, but seriously, quality is an investment, not an expense... Grant Bunter
Accept the fact that airtight and well-braced are more important than pretty on the inside. Bill Fitzmaurice

RENDOG

#66 Post by RENDOG »

Bob, what is the box under the DJ stand at Therapy?