The journey begins.. 16 T60's and 12 DR280's!!

Post your build odyssey here.
Tom Smit

Re: The journey begins.. 16 T60's and 12 DR280's!!

#631 Post by Tom Smit »

Mr. Bill, you must be very proud to have this great example. You've shown that ordinary people can build great cabs, that the lowly piezo tweeter can compete, and that you have designed great cabs.
:clap:
TomS

hifibob

#632 Post by hifibob »

It really is nice to see and hear about all the positive feedback.. It just reinforces my other thread about silencing the critics.. If anyone comes across any BFM hater threads across the web make sure you link this thread to it!

Oh ya hers another big (female) Dj that thoroughly enjoyed the BFM rig.. She was blown away by it!!

Mark Coward

#633 Post by Mark Coward »

Nice, you may want to substitute the word "popular" instead of "big" for female ;)
Mark Coward

hakalugi

#634 Post by hakalugi »

just read the whole thread. great stuff.
------------------------
Home Theater Junkie

miked

#635 Post by miked »

So...a few months have passed. How's the club doing, Bob? With summer here, I'd imagine business will be picking up? My next trip to NY, I plan on making the drive up there to hear the system.

hifibob

#636 Post by hifibob »

miked wrote:So...a few months have passed. How's the club doing, Bob? With summer here, I'd imagine business will be picking up? My next trip to NY, I plan on making the drive up there to hear the system.
Hi mike, everything is going pretty good.. the club is doing very good but we are battling a lawsuit with our neighbor.. Go figure he claims the vibrations from our sound system is causing damage to his building :( so dumb.. Hopefully I'll be able to put all this behind me soon but on a good note another build thread should be coming soon :loler:

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

#637 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

hifibob wrote:the club is doing very good but we are battling a lawsuit with our neighbor.. Go figure he claims the vibrations from our sound system is causing damage to his building
More likely he's trying to cash in on your success. His argument might hold water in an isolated setting, but in the city ultra low vibrations from traffic will dwarf what damage your system might cause.

hifibob

#638 Post by hifibob »

Bill Fitzmaurice wrote:
hifibob wrote:the club is doing very good but we are battling a lawsuit with our neighbor.. Go figure he claims the vibrations from our sound system is causing damage to his building
More likely he's trying to cash in on your success. His argument might hold water in an isolated setting, but in the city ultra low vibrations from traffic will dwarf what damage your system might cause.
You are 100% correct! He originally complained about the noise but the city said you cant complain about noise in our M1 Industrial use area, so the lawsuit switched to "the damage its causing" :roll:

escapemcp

#639 Post by escapemcp »

hifibob wrote:You are 100% correct! He originally complained about the noise but the city said you cant complain about noise in our M1 Industrial use area, so the lawsuit switched to "the damage its causing" :roll:
What a wanker!! (sorry, but he is). Tell him you're going to have to open the club 24 hours a day to cover your legal bill ;) . From what I have heard, you've been good and you haven't even had it up that loud... it may be time to show him what 11 sounds like :lol:

Best of luck.

88h88

#640 Post by 88h88 »

hifibob wrote:on a good note another build thread should be coming soon :loler:
:shock:
4xOT12s, 2xT39s@22", TTLS@18", 2xT60@18"

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

#641 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

hifibob wrote:
Bill Fitzmaurice wrote:
You are 100% correct! He originally complained about the noise but the city said you cant complain about noise in our M1 Industrial use area, so the lawsuit switched to "the damage its causing" :roll:
The defense is a simple one. The potential for structural damage increases as frequency decreases. A 24 hour RTA sampling will show ULF content will be lower during your hours of operation than during the daytime, and comparison with DOT data will show that it's directly proportional to the traffic level. It will spike during rush hours, and be at a minimum in the wee hours when you're open. Case dismissed. :bash:

Rickisan

#642 Post by Rickisan »

The defense would like to call to the stand... expert witness...

Awww... never mind.

:hyper:
2-Jack 10
2-Wedgehorn 8
1-Auto Tuba

miked

#643 Post by miked »

Gee, I am sort of sorry I asked how things were going!

I'm really sorry to hear of your legal troubles, Bob. There's always someone who will crap on your party when their "sanctity of quietness" is disturbed.

The fact he filed a noise lawsuit/complaint and he's in an Industrial-zoned area shows you the level of intelligence you're dealing with. What an ignorant douchebag.

I hope it doesn't come down to it, but if you have to get all that data from the DOT, measurements etc. do it. Then counter sue for lost revenue, emotional trauma etc. Can't stand frivolous lawsuits!!! :bull:

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

#644 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

miked wrote:Then counter sue for lost revenue, emotional trauma etc. Can't stand frivolous lawsuits!!!
Or do it the old school Providence way and have him whacked. :chainsaw:

DJPhatman

#645 Post by DJPhatman »

Bill Fitzmaurice wrote:
miked wrote:Then counter sue for lost revenue, emotional trauma etc. Can't stand frivolous lawsuits!!!
Or do it the old school Providence way and have him whacked. :chainsaw:
+1! Old school negotiations, best & final offer comes on the end of a slab 'o hickory, aka a Louisville Slugger.

Pssst: I know a guy from Detroit that knows such tings! :shock: :shock: :cop:

:mrgreen: :lol: :noob:
I know money often seals the deal, but seriously, quality is an investment, not an expense... Grant Bunter
Accept the fact that airtight and well-braced are more important than pretty on the inside. Bill Fitzmaurice