Titan 48 & DR300 Build

Post your build odyssey here.
Ryan A

Re: Titan 48 & DR300 Build

#31 Post by Ryan A »

Guido La Fond wrote: No we physically have 2 Generators 100KV & 75KV....
Thats alot of Powa! :chainsaw:

Guido La Fond

#32 Post by Guido La Fond »

Ryan A wrote:
Guido La Fond wrote: No we physically have 2 Generators 100KV & 75KV....
Thats alot of Powa! :chainsaw:

Yeah man, we do kinda sorta large shows i guess. So we need the POWER, ironically the PA uses the 75KV and the Lighting uses the 100KV but since we change out from those big old power hungry 575 and 1200 moving heads too the fixtures that use the Phillips 5R Bulbs we can run an entire stage with maybe a 25KV or less once we are not using our (12) 1000Watt PAR CANS. Everything else is LED, so less current draw. We usually do Events around 3000 patrons, stages between 12x12FT - 40X60FT. Largest we have done could be maybe 9000 patrons. Largest recorded ever done was like 35,000 but we didn't do that show. Was a huge PA for that (32) JBL VT4889 & (40) VT4880 for Mains and (12) VT4888 for Delays. The 3 generators they used for that came in on 40FT trailers, MASSIVE

Ian Westwood

#33 Post by Ian Westwood »

I feel a vacation coming on 8)

Authorized BFM Builder

Fenderfan

#34 Post by Fenderfan »

Wow that's some serious work going on, and gonna be epic when all finished and stacked. I think it might even put the four jack stack corner quiet for a while! :loler:
What are you going to finish them in? I was just thinking, that's a whole heap of Duratex! And I was wondering, you're pretty confident in building these, you seem to have done a bit before.... A lot of people find they run into an issue or two, and reference changes/ tips to help in future builds... The thought didn't pass your mind to get one up and going first, then see if you can make small changes in your process for improvement? Just thought it may help when doing so many.
Hats off to you though, and keep the pics coming, keen to see finished articles, and also some 'action' pics!
Tim.
Built:
2 x Jack 112
2512, one with melded array
To do list:
XF 212

Guido La Fond

#35 Post by Guido La Fond »

man i would love too Duratex it, but if not would just run some Fibre Glass resin and shoot it with some kind of paint scheme with my paint gun i guess

Guido La Fond

#38 Post by Guido La Fond »

Fenderfan wrote:Wow that's some serious work going on, and gonna be epic when all finished and stacked. I think it might even put the four jack stack corner quiet for a while! :loler:
What are you going to finish them in? I was just thinking, that's a whole heap of Duratex! And I was wondering, you're pretty confident in building these, you seem to have done a bit before.... A lot of people find they run into an issue or two, and reference changes/ tips to help in future builds... The thought didn't pass your mind to get one up and going first, then see if you can make small changes in your process for improvement? Just thought it may help when doing so many.
Hats off to you though, and keep the pics coming, keen to see finished articles, and also some 'action' pics!
Tim.

I'm building and completing 2 before the 24

Tom Smit

#39 Post by Tom Smit »

Hey, Guido, just to give you a "heads up"....make sure that you use enough of the PL Premium when building the T48 subs and the DR300 tops. The reason is so that you won't have air leaks which will cause poor performance and blowing drivers.
TomS

Guido La Fond

#40 Post by Guido La Fond »

Tom Smit wrote:Hey, Guido, just to give you a "heads up"....make sure that you use enough of the PL Premium when building the T48 subs and the DR300 tops. The reason is so that you won't have air leaks which will cause poor performance and blowing drivers.

So what you saying is you would use BOTH Guerilla Glue & PL Premium

Bruce Weldy

#41 Post by Bruce Weldy »

Guido La Fond wrote:
Tom Smit wrote:Hey, Guido, just to give you a "heads up"....make sure that you use enough of the PL Premium when building the T48 subs and the DR300 tops. The reason is so that you won't have air leaks which will cause poor performance and blowing drivers.

So what you saying is you would use BOTH Guerilla Glue & PL Premium
Nope, don't use Gorilla Glue - use PL Premium.

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

#42 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

Guido La Fond wrote: So what you saying is you would use BOTH Guerilla Glue & PL Premium
Use only PL. Where in the plans does it say to use Gorilla? :cop:

Guido La Fond

#43 Post by Guido La Fond »

Bill Fitzmaurice wrote:
Guido La Fond wrote: So what you saying is you would use BOTH Guerilla Glue & PL Premium
Use only PL. Where in the plans does it say to use Gorilla? :cop:

UH OH.....well ummm......was reading some forum messages and some dude said you could use Guerilla Glue if PL Premium is not available

Ryan A

#44 Post by Ryan A »

Guido La Fond wrote: UH OH.....well ummm......was reading some forum messages and some dude said you could use Guerilla Glue if PL Premium is not available
That's one of the biggest mistakes you can make. Read the plans, follow everything as close as possible, and use PL. It expands to fill in any gaps and is extremely strong. Once its all assembled, you're out of luck to fix any leaks. ANY air leaks anywhere will compromise your build. 'Nuff said.

Guido La Fond

#45 Post by Guido La Fond »

Ryan A wrote:
Guido La Fond wrote: UH OH.....well ummm......was reading some forum messages and some dude said you could use Guerilla Glue if PL Premium is not available
That's one of the biggest mistakes you can make. Read the plans, follow everything as close as possible, and use PL. It expands to fill in any gaps and is extremely strong. Once its all assembled, you're out of luck to fix any leaks. ANY air leaks anywhere will compromise your build. 'Nuff said.

And if i cannot get PL Premium???