TLAH Pro - CNC Build

Post your build odyssey here.
maxmercy

Re: TLAH Pro - CNC Build

#61 Post by maxmercy »

GirlyHandedDog wrote:I couldn't help myself a few days ago and installed all of the speakers before putting the finish on, just to see what it would look like. This gives an idea of the finished product (sorry for the crappy phone pic):

Wow that's nice. Too bad those tweets are a little more expensive now...

JSS

chenry78

#62 Post by chenry78 »

These things look amazing!!!!! :clap:

Well........How do they sound :?: :!: :?:

Im gonna build some soon as my first build, originally planned to do some dr280's and titan 48's but thought starting small might be a better choice.

Anything that you would have done differently or recommendations? Let me know!

I plan to use piezos (melded) and the alpha 8's, id like to go with some daytons and save some money :broke: but I want these to rock!

Charles Warwick

#63 Post by Charles Warwick »

I have to ask, how did you do that finish? It looks very nice in my opinion, and more importantly, SWMBO glanced over my shoulder and went "Wow, those look very nice".

GirlyHandedDog

#64 Post by GirlyHandedDog »

I hate to bring this build log back from the dead, but unfortunately it died before I finished the project. I've learned that when you try to make your speaker cabinets look nice, and something goes wrong... it takes a lot longer to fix. Needless to say, several months later (and several packages of sand paper later) I'm getting around to finishing these.

Does anyone here have much experience with L-pads? I'm guessing my tweeters are going to be a little bit on the "hot" side, so I was thinking about installing an L-pad to help bring the level down as needed.

Is an L-pad rated at 100w sufficient for these 4 banks of 5 tweeters that I have?

The L-pad is an 8 ohm version. Can I still use this when my 4 banks of 5 tweeters will be around 6 ohms?

Here's a link to the L-pads I have:
http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/l- ... ohm-l-pad/

I don't have to use them in this build, but if they'll work I'd like to add them.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

#65 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

GirlyHandedDog wrote: The L-pad is an 8 ohm version. Can I still use this when my 4 banks of 5 tweeters will be around 6 ohms?
No. The LPad must have the same impedance as the load.

GirlyHandedDog

#66 Post by GirlyHandedDog »

Bill Fitzmaurice wrote:No. The LPad must have the same impedance as the load.
Thanks. I'll toss them into the spare parts bin.
Charles Warwick wrote:I have to ask, how did you do that finish? It looks very nice in my opinion, and more importantly, SWMBO glanced over my shoulder and went "Wow, those look very nice".
Sorry for the late reply Charles. I airbrushed these.

chenry78 wrote:These things look amazing!!!!! :clap:

Well........How do they sound :?: :!: :?:

Im gonna build some soon as my first build, originally planned to do some dr280's and titan 48's but thought starting small might be a better choice.

Anything that you would have done differently or recommendations? Let me know!

I plan to use piezos (melded) and the alpha 8's, id like to go with some daytons and save some money :broke: but I want these to rock!
Again, sorry for the late reply. I saw your build log chenry... very nice! I'll give a report on how they sound when I get them finished up within the next week or so. Now that you've had your built for a while, how do you like them?

la80vette

#67 Post by la80vette »

GirlyHandedDog wrote:I hate to bring this build log back from the dead, but unfortunately it died before I finished the project
This log did not die. It was only sleeping.
2 SLA PRO (built by Leland)
2 T39 24" 3012LF (built by Leland)
2 Jack 10's (built by Leland)
4 Wedgehorn 8's (built by Leland)
1 XF210 w/Legend 1028 (built by Leland)