JArray measurements?

High power and fidelity from an easy to build cabinet.
Lesknow

JArray measurements?

#1 Post by Lesknow »

Hey! I've been hanging out for lots of years now & want to thank a whole bunch of ya for the education so far & for the mood around the forum. Well done to you, Bill. I put together two 3012-only Jack 12s for bass a few years back & I have to say that they just do something I haven't heard from ANY other bass cabinet. I'm still jazzed every time I plug em in...anyway ))

I'd love to have two slim T39s & maybe two OTop12 JArrays together for a million get togethers once we actually can get together. Could someone provide me with the JArray outside measurements? My plans CD is from a long time ago & I'd love to make some mockups shortly to check for pack-space in the car.

:D
Rob
And everything is to the back with a little slack

2x 3012HO Jacks for bass
Autotuba

himhimself

Re: JArray measurements?

#2 Post by himhimself »

22" wide, 18" deep, 14.5 inches tall at the front, smaller at the back. I have four, with the brackets and bases set up for 2 per side. I don't take them apart, just leave them bolted together and move them that way. They aren't very heavy so it's not hard to manage. For space saving, you could stack them on top of each other, facing opposite directions, to minimize pack space.
2xT30 (20", 3012LF)
2xT30 (21", 3012LF)
4xOtop J-array (Beta12, melded/straight piezos)
Truck Tuba (MCM)
Next up: 2xJack12 or family of table tubas

Lesknow

#3 Post by Lesknow »

Thanks for that. I'll assume the rear height is around 13-13.5" based on DR splay angles. I was shooting for DR200s initially but these should be fine to go in the trunk...I'll give it a run tomorrow. Cheers!

2x 3012HO Jacks for bass
Autotuba

Lesknow

#4 Post by Lesknow »

Whee. I can offer that for anyone buying a G35 sedan.. you've pulled the bose sub in the rear deck anyway. Two JArrays in the trunk & two slim T39s in the back seat.

2x 3012HO Jacks for bass
Autotuba

Bruce Weldy

#5 Post by Bruce Weldy »

Lesknow wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:16 pm Whee. I can offer that for anyone buying a G35 sedan.. you've pulled the bose sub in the rear deck anyway. Two JArrays in the trunk & two slim T39s in the back seat.
Why the J-array if you are just building two? Why not the OT12? Easier build. Pack space should be pretty close.

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."

Lesknow

#6 Post by Lesknow »

The OT12 was my second attempt at crumpling two boxes into the trunk ))

2x 3012HO Jacks for bass
Autotuba

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

#7 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

G35? What trunk? When I had a 2007 Altima, which is pretty much the same car, I never tried to haul any more gear than just my bass and bass amp head.

Lesknow

#8 Post by Lesknow »

Definitely miss folding down the rear seat & front seat in a grand prix. I replaced a beam between my kitchen & living room with three 2x12s, 14' long, had em up on the dash hahah.

2x 3012HO Jacks for bass
Autotuba