High power and fidelity from an easy to build cabinet.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
Ok so someone locally is selingl a set of 12" eminence drivers for 20 bucks for the pair. Cosmerically they look brand new. Problem is, i cant find any specs on them. On the magnet they have jay5120 as a model number which keeps coming up as a driver used in yamaha s112II speakers. Also if i search the modle number from eminence which is 121630b, i get jay5120 as well. Funny thing is i also get the beta12 as a suitable replacement which is what i was gonna use for my upcoming OT12 build. So question is, are these the pedecessor to the beta 12. They appear to have never been used. So it could be a smoking deal if i could use them. Do you guys know where to find specs and a response curve for the driver or am i better off calling eminence? All searches on thier website come up empty.
I can tell you from experience with the Yamaha drivers that they don’t have the same midrange response that the stock betas do. I can’t say for that speaker specifically, but it seems to be the trend.
99% of the time, things that aren't already being done aren't being done because they don't work. The other 1% is split evenly between fools and geniuses.