4 or 6 T39’s on iTech 4000

Combining subs, tops and all the rest of your kit.
netwerks

Re: 4 or 6 T39’s on iTech 4000

#16 Post by netwerks » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:15 am

Jstarr1 wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:56 am
Another detail - I have a handicap minivan that barely fits my gear but has been sufficient so far. With mixer, amp rack, monitors, stands etc. I can only fit either the 2 wides or 4 skinnies. This event is an hour from home but I can pack spare subs in my wife’s Yukon if needed...

Part of me wants to see what the skinnies can do on their own, but part of me also wants to play... I know the wides barely kept up with the VRX on their own and I was constantly pushing them to their limits for the past few years.

It also looks (by satellite) As if I’ll be playing in a parking lot with all asphalt...
I can assure you that 4x 15" T39 lab12 or 3012lf loaded will make one hell of a racket.

Jstarr1

#17 Post by Jstarr1 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:11 am

Update:
I have been running 4 JBL VRX and 4 skinny T39’s for a while now and have definitely NOT been disappointed. Most of the comments I’ve heard lately are “sounds like I’m listening to a CD on a great system and not the typical live band sound”. Crystal clear at any level I’ve asked them to run at :-)

himhimself

#18 Post by himhimself » Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:11 pm

Jstarr1 wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:11 am
Update:
I have been running 4 JBL VRX and 4 skinny T39’s for a while now and have definitely NOT been disappointed. Most of the comments I’ve heard lately are “sounds like I’m listening to a CD on a great system and not the typical live band sound”. Crystal clear at any level I’ve asked them to run at :-)
+1 I have run my T30/Otops at volumes way beyond what many local "big ugly boxes on sticks" DJs do, yet never get complaints that it's too loud, simply because it sounds so smooth and HiFi, rather than sounding like the speakers are about to blow up. Putting most of the power into the lower range (subs) without crushing eardrums in the 1k-5k zone makes for a much more enjoyable listening experience in my opinion.
2xT30 (20", 3012LF)
2xT30 (21", 3012LF) in progress
4xOtop J-array (Beta12, melded/straight piezos)
Truck Tuba (MCM)
Next up: 2xJack12

Jstarr1

#19 Post by Jstarr1 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:11 pm

[/quote]
+1 I have run my T30/Otops at volumes way beyond what many local "big ugly boxes on sticks" DJs do, yet never get complaints that it's too loud, simply because it sounds so smooth and HiFi, rather than sounding like the speakers are about to blow up. Putting most of the power into the lower range (subs) without crushing eardrums in the 1k-5k zone makes for a much more enjoyable listening experience in my opinion.
[/quote]

I’ll go for quality sound over loud anyway, however, I know exactly what you’re saying. It’s nice to push it up knowing there’s still headroom to go more. At the last event I did, the guy I was working for came to me at the 2nd to last band and complimented the sound but also stated, “Don’t you know that you usually turn it louder for the last band. Surely you can’t go louder than this.” During the last band he came to me and said something like, “I stand corrected. Sounds amazing!”