Jack 12 Horn Throat Grille

The Jack of All Trades pro-sound cabs.
LelandCrooks

Re: Jack 12 Horn Throat Grille

#16 Post by LelandCrooks » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:18 am

The plastic corners fit a 3/8 radius very well. The metal corners are the closest thing I can find. They're just a bit fiddly, but if you're careful when mounting they will work very well. I will generally push on the corner and 1 leg, then do the other. Test it on some scrap to get a feel for it. When you figure it out they fit pretty darn good.
If it's too loud, you're even older than me! Like me.
http://www.speakerhardware.com

decostaj

#17 Post by decostaj » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:33 am

Yes they do fit ok, the corners, and look fine... no worries

I was wondering, How many volts should I be limiting this Jack 12 to ?
2512 Eminence, full array.
The plans mention Driver Break-in... but I saw no details about max volts.

So far, just the woofer (bass guitar) playing sounds Great ! Using an old Ampeg SB-12 tube head (22Watt) so I doubt I'm exceeding maximum voltage/Xmax and obviously I would turn it down if "it" wasn't handling it.
I plan on using QSC RMX 850 power amp and a Sansamp RBI preamp so was worried about Voltage limits. Amp puts out only 200W per side @8ohm so I think a good match for the Jack/2512

DJPhatman

#18 Post by DJPhatman » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:35 pm

decostaj wrote:I was wondering, How many volts should I be limiting this Jack 12 to ?
2512 Eminence, full array.
The driver Pe is the limiting factor. It will tell you when you are over doing it. Limiting is necessary with horn-loaded subs, because, by design, they naturally filter out upper harmonic distortion, to the point where you will not hear the driver complain, it will just self-destruct.
I know money often seals the deal, but seriously, quality is an investment, not an expense... Grant Bunter
Accept the fact that airtight and well-braced are more important than pretty on the inside. Bill Fitzmaurice