Horn in the bass mouth.

The Jack of All Trades pro-sound cabs.

Horn in the bass mouth.

#1 Post by Droogne » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:37 pm

What are the horn mounting possibilities when building a Jack (10, 12 or 15), can you pick any that fit into the bass horn mouth, or are there specifics you should work with? I might be interested in one of the Jacks, and due to size restrictions I only thought about the Jack10, but if I could mount my HF Horn in the bass mouth even the JAck15 could work. I will be using a Faital HF200 driver, and was thinking about using the PH2380 horn or similar. I doubt they can fit, but who knows. If not, any good 2 way 2" horns that could fit in the bassmouth of the Jack15?

Appreciate your time!

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

Re: Horn in the bass mouth.

#2 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:12 pm

Droogne wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:37 pm
are there specifics you should work with?
The ones in the plans.

Re: Horn in the bass mouth.

#3 Post by BrentEvans » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:26 pm

More specifically, the Jack designs use a wooden horn that you build. All Jack plans specify either an array of piezo tweeters, or a compression driver on the custom horn. Make no assumptions about how these designs perform based on what you already know. Everything is designed to work together and sound good. There is no need for a 2" horn driver, as the woofer section has a smooth and rising response up to 2.5khz or so, mating nicely with either HF option.
99% of the time, things that aren't already being done aren't being done because they don't work. The other 1% is split evenly between fools and geniuses.