On Board Amp

For unmatched sensitivity.
Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

On Board Amp

#1 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

This on board amp from Parts Express looks good, at a price that makes sense.

https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-au ... h--300-798

It could be mounted on just about any of our full range cabs with minor modifications. With DRs the logical method is on the back, using a small extension box mounted there. It has enough power to drive a pair of cabs, so it would be easy enough to install a 4 pole Speakon on the cab containing the amp and one on the extension speaker. Full DSP that includes crossover, EQ and limiting plus Bluetooth makes this a very attractive rig.

CFBIRD

Re: On Board Amp

#2 Post by CFBIRD »

Love that DSP!

I wonder if they are using eGaN FET or MOS FET?

I expect someone to dip their toes in the water and report back :)

eshadeol

#3 Post by eshadeol »

Would I still have to use a crossover made by me or speakerhardware.com , er something like that?
Defy the vortex -of mediocre-second rate bass- produced by mongrels- devoid of taste!
A beautiful lyric from : Maggotron "In Search of a Funky Khan"
4 T60 27" lab15,Omni TB 2 BP102,AutoTubaMCM 10"

Bruce Weldy

#4 Post by Bruce Weldy »

eshadeol wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:04 pm Would I still have to use a crossover made by me or speakerhardware.com , er something like that?
No, there's plenty of DSP to achieve a good crossover. But, if you want to drive two speakers with it, you'll need to use NL4 connectors and 2 Pair speaker cable to get the highs and lows to the other speaker.....

6 - T39 3012LF
4 - OT12 2512
1 - T24
1 - SLA Pro
2 - XF210

"A system with a few knobs set up by someone who knows what they are doing is always better than one with a lot of knobs set up by someone who doesn't."

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

#5 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

eshadeol wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:04 pm Would I still have to use a crossover made by me or speakerhardware.com , er something like that?
Read the section of your plans regarding bi-amping.