Speaker Measurements,T/S,SPL,Room.

Got speaker theory questions? This is where you'll find the answers.
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
Mkulu
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:46 am
Location: Durban,South Africa.

Speaker Measurements,T/S,SPL,Room.

#1 Post by Mkulu » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:26 pm

For those of you interested in an excellent piece of software for PC for audio measurments here's the link.Great practical education and testing tool.

http://www.artalabs.hr/download.htm

User avatar
DJPhatman
Posts: 5412
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:08 am
Location: Warren, MI
Contact:

Re: Speaker Measurements,T/S,SPL,Room.

#2 Post by DJPhatman » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:19 pm

The developer 1st claims it is "shareware" but then tells "To use it you have to pay for the user license key. If you have no license key, you can freely use this software only in a demo mode. The demo mode of programs is fully functional except loading and saving of files." Not worth 79Euros to me...
I know money often seals the deal, but seriously, quality is an investment, not an expense... Grant Bunter
Accept the fact that airtight and well-braced are more important than pretty on the inside. Bill Fitzmaurice

User avatar
Mkulu
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:46 am
Location: Durban,South Africa.

Re: Speaker Measurements,T/S,SPL,Room.

#3 Post by Mkulu » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:23 pm

DJPhatman wrote:The developer 1st claims it is "shareware" but then tells "To use it you have to pay for the user license key. If you have no license key, you can freely use this software only in a demo mode. The demo mode of programs is fully functional except loading and saving of files." Not worth 79Euros to me...
It's works fine in Demo mode. Read the manual.
Used by majors in the industry.

User avatar
Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin
Posts: 26934
Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 5:59 pm

Re: Speaker Measurements,T/S,SPL,Room.

#4 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:52 am

I use HolmImpulse. For the more casual user REW works well, and has an extensive user help network.
https://www.roomeqwizard.com/

User avatar
Mkulu
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:46 am
Location: Durban,South Africa.

Re: Speaker Measurements,T/S,SPL,Room.

#5 Post by Mkulu » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:00 pm

Bill Fitzmaurice wrote:I use HolmImpulse. For the more casual user REW works well, and has an extensive user help network.
https://www.roomeqwizard.com/
Will check it out, thanks Bill.

User avatar
Mkulu
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:46 am
Location: Durban,South Africa.

Re: Speaker Measurements,T/S,SPL,Room.

#6 Post by Mkulu » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:20 pm

Mkulu wrote:
Bill Fitzmaurice wrote:I use HolmImpulse. For the more casual user REW works well, and has an extensive user help network.
https://www.roomeqwizard.com/
Will check it out, thanks Bill.
Nice program.

Post Reply