Eminence Kilomax PRO-15A Drivers

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

Re: Eminence Kilomax PRO-15A Drivers

#16 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

kilomax wrote: Dont be afraid to tell me im :horse:
:horse:
Lose the Peaveys. 2x15 tops have almost no value. Midrange dispersion is poor, the cab is huge and heavy. If you're running subs there's no value whatsoever in having fifteens in the tops. For what you want a top to do one 3012HO loaded OTop will beat a PV215 in a third the size and weight. That's what you want for tops, stick the Kilomaxes into T48s, don't waste them in the Peaveys.

kilomax

#17 Post by kilomax »

Thank you Bill thank you Ron. You see im learning! :cowboy:

SeisTres

#18 Post by SeisTres »

Bill Fitzmaurice wrote:
kilomax wrote: Dont be afraid to tell me im :horse:
:horse:
Lose the Peaveys. 2x15 tops have almost no value. Midrange dispersion is poor, the cab is huge and heavy. If you're running subs there's no value whatsoever in having fifteens in the tops. For what you want a top to do one 3012HO loaded OTop will beat a PV215 in a third the size and weight. That's what you want for tops, stick the Kilomaxes into T48s, don't waste them in the Peaveys.
This is the first cab I bought, HOW I HATED IT!! with a passion!

They were just like yamaha's on the high end. After three minutes your ears would be fatigued and it always sound just spikey. Not to mention they weighed as much as two of t39 and were just as big. Probably even bigger and heavier. And they sucked amp power like milk through a jumbo straw :cussing:

yeah, sell the peavys and finance everything else you will need.
Built:6 t39, t18, 4 Jack10, 2 autotuba, 2 SLA,2 wedge, 2 TT, 2 Tritrix, curved sla, 2 otop212, 2 SLA pros, Ported 8" sub, 2 ported 210, dual ported 8" sub

kilomax

#19 Post by kilomax »

Bill thank you for getting me the t48 plans to me so quickly. I have a quick question for you after reading the directions a few times. I was wondering how wide would you make them with the kilomax drivers I have? It seems that wider is better for the 3015lf does the same still stand with the kilomax drivers. Thank you again, Dan :D

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

#20 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

kilomax wrote:Bill thank you for getting me the t48 plans to me so quickly. I have a quick question for you after reading the directions a few times. I was wondering how wide would you make them with the kilomax drivers I have? It seems that wider is better for the 3015lf does the same still stand with the kilomax drivers. Thank you again, Dan :D
The same width considerations that apply to the 3015LF apply to the Kilomax.

kilomax

#21 Post by kilomax »

Is there any advantage of building t48 larger than the 36" width? If there is a advantage of going over 36" at what point are they to wide? If there is an advantage is it much of one? Any Charts? These will hardly ever be moved. Thank you all! :cowboy:

kilomax

#22 Post by kilomax »

:feedback: Anyone any takers lol On the build Width t48 please see message before this one.

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

#23 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

kilomax wrote::feedback: Anyone any takers lol On the build Width t48 please see message before this one.
No wider than the plans specify.

kilomax

#24 Post by kilomax »

Thanks again Bill you are quite on top of this forum!

kilomax

#25 Post by kilomax »

Ok I have one cab all built with the kilomax driver all ready to go and in the cab after a long burn in. I built a 36 inch wide titan. What should i limit the rms on this driver for this cab? I saw the previous post of 350 watts. I Just wanted to make sure this was correct. Is that a power rating i can run continuous to this driver? What do you all think? Ready to hear it :cowboy:

DJPhatman

#26 Post by DJPhatman »

According to my calculations, limit the KiloMax 15 at 59 Volts RMS. V= the square root of (watts times impedance)

350*10 Ohms = 3500 square root = 59.16 VRMS
I know money often seals the deal, but seriously, quality is an investment, not an expense... Grant Bunter
Accept the fact that airtight and well-braced are more important than pretty on the inside. Bill Fitzmaurice

kilomax

#27 Post by kilomax »

Thank you

Bill Fitzmaurice
Site Admin

#28 Post by Bill Fitzmaurice »

DJPhatman wrote:According to my calculations, limit the KiloMax 15 at 59 Volts RMS. V= the square root of (watts times impedance)

350*10 Ohms = 3500 square root = 59.16 VRMS
Pe is moot, Vd is what counts. With 7.9 mm of xmax it should be limited to 50v.