Hello from Ohio!

atvaddict

Hello from Ohio!

#1 Post by atvaddict »

Hello everyone, My name is Galen, from northeast Ohio. I'm terribly interested in building some of these speakers, been lurking around the site for a few weeks now. I'm interested in pro sound stuff, and would like to hear any of these designs in person. specifically the DR line, and any and all subwoofers. If there's anyone not too far away I'd love to come check them out!

Thanks,
Galen

djohnson573

Re: Hello from Ohio!

#2 Post by djohnson573 »

Hi Galen,

Welocme to the forum. I'm pretty new here myself, but there are a lot of really smart and helpful folks around to help. I have plans for the Titan 39 and DR200 and hope to get started after Christmas.
Dennis

Built/Own:
- 4 x Titan 39 (14"W) BP102 loaded
- 2 x TLAH
- 4 x OT12 Deltalite 2512 loaded
On Deck:
- 3 Auto Tubas

atvaddict

#3 Post by atvaddict »

Awesome! I just got my DR200 plans. I'm going to start hunting down some materials and get started ASAP. Weather is crap, so there's nothing better to do than build speakers right?

Brew

#4 Post by Brew »

Welcome to the addiction. Making sawdust and great sounding boxes!
I know you have seen mentioned throughout the forum a few hints and cautions. I'll just get it started: follow the plans, use recommended parts, take your time, and enjoy the process. You will be greatly rewarded.

soundmankeith

#5 Post by soundmankeith »

Galen,

Welcome! I'm not super close but I am in SW Ohio about 1 hour south of Columbus. I currently run DR250's and T-39's. If you're in the area,look me up. I usually run sound 4-6 times per month.
Keith

Built
(1) Fullrange Wedgehorn
(2) DR250
(4)T-39's
Next Up
?
In Progress
(2) DR250
Wishlist
2 more T39's!
2 more DR250's

atvaddict

#6 Post by atvaddict »

Thanks Keith. Next time I'm heading down south I will let you know. Would love to hear the T-39's!

Scott Brochu

#7 Post by Scott Brochu »

atvaddict wrote:Awesome! I just got my DR200 plans. I'm going to start hunting down some materials and get started ASAP. Weather is crap, so there's nothing better to do than build speakers right?
Welcome,
You have to at least visit this place http://www.speakerhardware.com/dr_200_d ... 0DLKit.php he will have everything you need to build BFm cabs.
When you start building post pictures and some of our more seasoned DR builders could point out any tricks/ mistakes you might be making. That will definetley make your build easier.
Good luck and I can't wait to see them!
Drumming is a way of life.
ME LIKE TO HIT THINGS!
http://billfitzmaurice.info/forum/viewt ... 26&t=11232

atvaddict

#8 Post by atvaddict »

I will agree with that advice. I ordered those kits and have my melded array DR200's already built! I had them running before Christmas, that was my goal. I rolled on a couple coats of duratex, waiting for nice weather to open the garage doors and give them a final thick spray/roll depending. Sorry I haven't posted anything here lately, I know we all love pictures :roll: I'm just looking for work right now, so I can get some funds and start building the T39's with the new 3012lf. At least i think that's what I'm looking to build. I would still like to check Keiths out just for fun. I'm not too worried though. I hooked up my dr200 for the first time and i was just thinking to myself...is this contraption really going to work that great? Yep. Sure does. Both of them stacked for testing...just tooo loud for my basement. I love it. Can't wait for nice weather!

-Galen