The "Micro PA" project is coming along...

RubiconProSound
Location: Pollock Pines CA. (between Lake Tahoe and Sacramento...)

The "Micro PA" project is coming along...

#1 Post by RubiconProSound »

Some time ago in another thread I posted the question of building a "mini" PA using BF designs. I was hoping to scale down an Omni 10.5 for use with the Dayton 6" PA speaker but Bill said no dice....

I then thought about building a wedgehorn vocal using the 6" but realized it was vocal only and probably not the best choice...

So, Here is what I've come up with with a little help from Parts Express:

I've paired the Dayton PA165's with a couple of Morel MDT-37's I had floating around from another project. The Morels are 93 dB at 1W/1M which I hope will match up well with the sensitivity of the Dayton's which are 92.9dB @ 1W/1M. The crossovers were also scavenged from the other project.

For the sub I'm using either my T18 or the AT. For the amp rack I've come up with this...

It's a combination of the Velleman 30 watt amp kit (PE part #320-212) and a Dayton SA25 subwoofer amp (PE part #300-782) I put them into one box and paralleled the RCA inputs from the SA25 into the Velleman kit. The other half of the box will hold the speaker cables and power strip. I had the amp running the T18 and a pair of yamaha BR12's while I was finishing up my Omni 10.5's tonight. It didn't sound to bad.

An inside shot:

I'll post up a review and specs once everything is complete...

KaptainJohn and I will be getting together here once his DR's are done and we'll spend a day running the RTA on everything. I'll post up charts then.
Built so far:
AutoTuba. TAT, T18, T30, T39, SLA, SLA Pro, DR200, Omni 12TB, Omni 12 Sub, Omni 10.5,

LelandCrooks

#2 Post by LelandCrooks »

Pretty slick.
If it's too loud, you're even older than me! Like me.
http://www.speakerhardware.com

Kaptain John

Re: The "Micro PA" project is coming along...

#3 Post by Kaptain John »

RubiconProSound wrote:KaptainJohn and I will be getting together here once his DR's are done and we'll spend a day running the RTA on everything. I'll post up charts then.
Looking forward to it. The first DR250 is almost done - just need to do the wiring. Seems like it took forever to build, though - I'm hoping the second one will go faster. :wink:

Rubicon: PM/email/call me

RubiconProSound
Location: Pollock Pines CA. (between Lake Tahoe and Sacramento...)

Re: The "Micro PA" project is coming along...

#4 Post by RubiconProSound »

update on the "Micro" project...

I scrapped the 110 volt amp case mainly because the 25 watt sub amp just wouldn't cut it. ( no suprise really...) The Vellman kit actually didn't do to bad at driving the mid/hi's though. The sub amp will be relocated to the den for duty as a computer sub

I've got a cheap little BST amp collecting dust so I think I'll grab a Rolls SX45 and run it mono... 1 channel to the T18 and the other to both tops.

Here's a shot of the set-up with the 12 volt amp case that I built. (see other post in Projects..) Add battery, iPod and go. :mrgreen:

Yes, grilles are coming soon...

Built so far:
AutoTuba. TAT, T18, T30, T39, SLA, SLA Pro, DR200, Omni 12TB, Omni 12 Sub, Omni 10.5,